To Those Struggling with New Bike Syndrome - Twigg's Journey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Twigg - the shoe fits, so I'm going to wear it.

I'll get a '14 FJR soon enough - that will be my next bike. In the meantime I've got a great motorcycle, and I'm thankful for that. But above all, regardless of the steed, I'm going to ride. A lot. Every freaking chance I get.

And I'm bringing my camera....

I'll get a '14 FJR soon enough - that will be my next bike. In the meantime I've got a great motorcycle, and I'm thankful for that. But above all, regardless of the steed, I'm going to ride. A lot. Every freaking chance I get.

Good. You can use it to take pictures of MY brand new, broken in by ME, 2015 FJR.

If you behave yourself I will let you sit on it in the driveway while you make motor noises.

Are there any issues with the current bike that need addressed? What will they cost? Can I perform them myself? How many miles can I reasonably expect the '07 to cover without major investment?
We FJR owners might be unique with this part. I mean with just about every other vehicle I've owned these questions figured into the calculations when deciding if or when I thought it wise to replace something. But with the FJR there's not much of anything to anticipate going wrong before hitting the six figure mark on the odo. Tough problem to have I suppose.

Good. You can use it to take pictures of MY brand new, broken in by ME, 2015 FJR.

If you behave yourself I will let you sit on it in the driveway while you make motor noises.
Do it, then we can't give you crap for owning a Honda!

Oh, I think that is a great idea. Myself, not sure I need a new bike, but am saving for the new S1000XR or a new Vette, or I might just retire soon (then all bets are off). So many choices.

Last edited by a moderator: