Too Fast! TOO FAST! TOOO FAAAST!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My practice wife was not a good rider at all... Good riddens with her though, she was way too cheaty!
smile.png
Yep...been there, done that as well my friend. My "Practice wife" had the same issue. lol. Had to throw her into the scrap heap and make a major upgrade to the "Real wife". Mucho mo' betta now.
Hey GR, where is this scrap heap that you speak of...I think I need to drop something off.
LOL...All I know is she ain't around no mo' and I haven't looked back!!! See if your local county Landfill is running any specials on unwanted baggage!!!

I am blessed to have a wife that likes to ride (and fly, and golf...). I can tell when she likes the twisties when she gives me a little squeeze with her legs! We were riding some fun stuff at the Cat's & Daks a couple of summers ago and I wasn't getting the 'squeeze', so I got worried that she was getting sick or scared or something, but when we stopped for lunch I learned that she was falling asleep back there! Several times when the weather has been good but I've had chores to do, she has been the instigator, saying "Can we go for a ride?" How can I say no to that!! Definitely a keeper for these and so many other reasons.
smile.png

I am blessed to have a wife that likes to ride (and fly, and golf...). I can tell when she likes the twisties when she gives me a little squeeze with her legs! We were riding some fun stuff at the Cat's & Daks a couple of summers ago and I wasn't getting the 'squeeze', so I got worried that she was getting sick or scared or something, but when we stopped for lunch I learned that she was falling asleep back there! Several times when the weather has been good but I've had chores to do, she has been the instigator, saying "Can we go for a ride?" How can I say no to that!! Definitely a keeper for these and so many other reasons.
smile.png
Awesome! Definitely hard to find. My wife does have a good sense of adventure, you just have to coax it out. Our 3rd date I took her scuba diving! :)

My niece is the only person I have had fall asleep. We had our comms on and she would get quiet. Then I would feel her helmet hit my shoulder, but not from gear shifting or anything, just going down the road. That worried me a little :)

Great ride report. I was on some of those roads during my tour last month - beautiful country.

I envy you that enjoy occasional rides with your spouses. My wife rode with me many (MANY) years ago, but since my return to riding (2009), she's only done it once, and made it clear to me she has no desire to do it again. I get that she's scared, and if it's not fun, there's no point in her doing it. I just wish she wasn't scared.

Great ride report. I was on some of those roads during my tour last month - beautiful country.
I envy you that enjoy occasional rides with your spouses. My wife rode with me many (MANY) years ago, but since my return to riding (2009), she's only done it once, and made it clear to me she has no desire to do it again. I get that she's scared, and if it's not fun, there's no point in her doing it. I just wish she wasn't scared.
I completely understand. I think it would be cool to share some of my MC adventures with my wife, but she's got to be there and so far she's not ready for it. Maybe someday she will be.

Mine will squeeze with her legs and hands when she is enjoying the ride and she also likes to go fasta! Cruising at 90 and accelerating to 120+ is shear joy to her as is cutting through curvy roads fast enough to touch low hanging bike parts. All three of my redheads get along very nicely!

The next woman I ride with will be piloting her own bike.

This one would be fun to follow...

angie_femmoto_lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First test for a KEEPER WIFE is a fast ride in the twisties.....Favorite wife was on back of my Norton going thru Arkansas ---- "Faster ! I can almost touch the ground'' She said. --------- Kept this one for 46 years so far..
smile.png

First test for a KEEPER WIFE is a fast ride in the twisties.....Favorite wife was on back of my Norton going thru Arkansas ---- "Faster ! I can almost touch the ground'' She said. --------- Kept this one for 46 years so far..
smile.png
I agree! I married my current wife, after she informed me she likes to ride fast and on curvy roads! Riding is so fun.
punk.gif