Took delivery of new ES today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal24Master

Reaction score
https://www.cal24.com/forums/album.php?albumid=12&attachmentid=181

First impressions: New instrument cluster is the bomb. Very easy to use, and way more information than the Gen II. Transmission is way, WAY smoother than either my Gen I or Gen II. ES suspension is worth every dime. So for seems to handle and ride as good or better than the Ohlins or Penske I had on the other bikes. Red color is so much better in person than the pictures.

Can't wait to farkle it now.....
smile.png

Tom, link no worky for me too..

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
  2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
PS - Great to see you stay with FJR platform and congrats for killing Bambi w/o getting hurt!

Congrats! Mine is less than 10 days old. I am really enjoying it. And I love the red as well. Weather has not been great here in the midwest with rain and tornadoes...but I hope to get another hundred plus miles on it this weekend and have the 600 mile service done on it. Enjoy your new ride!!

Me thinks Mr. Cal is probably bored with the new ride, so for the record, I offer 6,500 USD cash for that POS.

Assuming he hasn't crashed it into a deer or other immovable object...
punk.gif

Your going to love your ES. I've pot 8000 miles on mine in 3 months and it just keeps getting better. I thought I would just set the suspension and forget it. I find myself selecting standard or soft on long freeway hauls for the luxury smooth ride. Flip it back up to hard for my favorite twisties. Enjoy!