• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Top box and mounting brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Sky

Dr. Gonzo
Reaction score
Brother-in-law is looking for a Givi (V46) or factory Yamaha top box and mounting brackets. Color not really a factor.

I have an excellent condition one from a wine 07 that I would consider selling to go for another option.. Would depend on shipping costs from Ontario.

I'll do a search to see what they go for, and can check on shipping...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh crap, I'm sorry. Should have mentioned brother-in-law's bike is a Gen 1. However, perhaps a mounting bracket could be secured for Gen 1 that works with a Gen 2 box? I don't know about shipping into the US from Canada, but shipping from US to Canada is outrageous and usually a deal killer. Thank you for the response. Maybe we can get creative and still make this work. Is this a Yamaha factory unit? Givi?

I believe the tail sections and rear subframes, i.e. mounting brackets/options, differ substantially from Gen I to Gen II.

He needs a gen1 bracket to make it work. It's not the box that's different (at least not from givi), but the mount is absolutely different between gen1 and 2.

He needs a gen1 bracket to make it work. It's not the box that's different (at least not from givi), but the mount is absolutely different between gen1 and 2.
The Givi luggage rack is mounted on top of the box, sorry I didn't make that clear.

The stripe thing on the left is a reflection, I'm a poor photographer.

GIVI%20V46%20004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Yamaha top box in `04 color with mounting. It has a crack in outer skin on right hand side, does not affect structural integrity.

PM me your email address and I`ll send pictures if you are interested.

I will soon be selling or trading my '04. It has a 46 liter Givi top box (backrest pad, stoplight kit, luggage rack) installed. I believe that somewhere in my garage is the original Yamaha rack. If so, I could uninstall the case and rack and reinstall the OEM rack. Would you like me to see I have have the Yamaha rack?

I picked up a givi v46 and sr357 on eBay, the seller sold them as a combo for $299 I believe. Might check there. The company was a

Tourandride May check there and see if they have anything.

I will soon be selling or trading my '04. It has a 46 liter Givi top box (backrest pad, stoplight kit, luggage rack) installed. I believe that somewhere in my garage is the original Yamaha rack. If so, I could uninstall the case and rack and reinstall the OEM rack. Would you like me to see I have have the Yamaha rack?
MCML, thanks for your response. Sent you a PM.

MCML, thanks for your response. Sent you a PM.
Love this forum. Brother-in-law has two lines on top boxes, one of them a Givi with the backrest pad. He asked me to ask y'all if the Corbin backrest he now uses (for my sister) can continue in use along with the Givi w/back pad. I don't know, but I think the answer may be: with the Givi and backpad, there is no need for the Corbin... and, no, they cannot be used together. Opinions? Answers?

I would imagine it would be unnecessary to add more padding. I am getting a Givi V47 and will be interested in selling my 13 oem case. It is in perfect condition, we are wanting a different look and brake lights hence the change.