Touring Screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaughan G-H

Reaction score
Looking to get a taller screen for a quieter, more comfortable ride.
Anyone know anything about the Puig Motorcycle Tour Touring Wind Screen?

Apparently it's 560mm tall, 90mm taller than the original.

Any advice appreciated.

Any advice appreciated.
Like you, I wanted a taller screen, so I made one from scratch out of a piece of Lexan from the hardware store. It's exactly the size I want, and it didn't cost all that much. It's 4 inches taller.

If you attempt that, and you're like me, then the third version of the screen will be good. You spend time learning how to work with Lexan on the first two versions.

I can post pictures and a Lexan part # when I'm on my home computer.
Happily sitting at a starbucks at the moment. :)

cheers,

Like you, I wanted a taller screen, so I made one from scratch out of a piece of Lexan from the hardware store. It's exactly the size I want, and it didn't cost all that much. It's 4 inches taller.

If you attempt that, and you're like me, then the third version of the screen will be good. You spend time learning how to work with Lexan on the first two versions.

I can post pictures and a Lexan part # when I'm on my home computer.
Happily sitting at a starbucks at the moment. :)

cheers,
Interesting thought, I hadn't even considered this.

Any advice appreciated.
I JUST sold my 2013 FJR and have an OEM Touring Screen that I'm not going to need.

Excellent quality and condition. Airstream goes right over the top of helmet with the screen raised just a little from the lowest position so you can still retain a lot of rake so the air stays clean.

Where are you located?

Text me to discuss: 908 868 3103

Billy

I JUST sold my 2013 FJR and have an OEM Touring Screen that I'm not going to need.

Excellent quality and condition. Airstream goes right over the top of helmet with the screen raised just a little from the lowest position so you can still retain a lot of rake so the air stays clean.

Where are you located?

Billy
Thanks for the offer, but I live in England, UK.

Where are you located?

Billy

Where are you located?

Billy
Btw, I'm in New Hampshire

Any advice appreciated.
I see you already moved but this is an FYI for anyone else looking. After a deer inconsiderately broke my original, I had the shop install a Rifle screen. I forget the size but I measured using a tape to figure out the size I wanted and it was around Medium. I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam. It is a barn door mounted with a pair of wedges to increase the angle of attack. The FJR windshield tilts as it goes up and down. With the Rifle screen all the way down I get plenty of wind as the top is around chest level. With it up just below the top of my helmet I get almost no wind noise in my helmet and can ride without ear plugs, though I really hear the front tire and engine. I can have it all the way up at mild highway speeds (60-65 mph). At higher speeds I worry about the stress on the mounts so I usually drop it to eyebrow level. Seems to do fine that way up to 75 mph. At higher speeds I drop it a bit more and lean forward. :) I do wear earplugs on the highway - the car tires are loud.
In the rain I usually have it up and it does ok shedding rain but still has drops on it when I stop. I suspect I should look for a better rain coating, but I avoid the rain when I can. What I am getting to is that it offers pretty good rain protection when fully raised, though you still get wet.
Raised or lowered, I still get good air around my gut and sides, though I think I get more down low when it is fully raised. That may also be a matter of perception because I get so much less on my helmet and upper chest I can actually notice my sides. :)
Other than being a customer several year back I have no affiliation with them.
https://rifle.com/Motorcycle-Windsh...Replacement-Windshield-System-2006-2012-.aspx

Thanks for the help.

There's not much choice in the UK, so I've ended up buying the Puig touring screen.
Wish I’d seen this sooner! I’ve done a ton of research and experiment on this.

I started with the stock screen, moved to an MRA Vario, then to a Loster (HUGE thing) then back to the MRA with the addition of a VSA-B extension.

It’s a long and detailed story so I won’t bury this thread with it all but if you’re interested to know more, drop me a message. I’d be interested to know how you find the Puig. I’m near Derby.