Tourmaster Customer Service - Two Thumbs Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Start at the bottom and read up

It just doesn't get much better than this in my opinion.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:54 PM

To: 'Service 228'

Subject: RE: Tour Master - Flex Pant / John Langdell

Thank You for your prompt attention to this matter. I will be pleased to post about your satisfactory resolution of this matter on the many Yamaha FJR Forums I participate in.

You have gone beyond what I expected you to do. Feel free to use this and any other emails in your website etc after deleting my address and phone numbers.

Thank You again

John Langdell

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:48 PM

To: john langdell

Hi Mr. Langdell,

After inspecting your Flex pant, it was deemed to be a manufacturer's defect. We have sent out a new Flex pant to the address that you had provided. Please allow 5-10 business days for delivery.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,

Melanie K.

Customer Service

Tour Master & Cortech

Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:03 AM

To: 'john langdell

Hi Mr. Langdell,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Since you are a valued customer, I was able to get approval to do the inspection of your pant directly. Here are the instructions on how to send it back to us:

Your return number is RMA 600198. Please write your RMA number on the outside of the box with a black permanent marker. You may wish to include a note inside of the box stating your contact information (e.g. address, phone number) along with a brief explanation why it was sent back to us, in case the items get separated from the box.

Please return your product as a complete set (i.e. jacket or pants with liners, or controllers, etc.). Returns that are incomplete will delay processing of your return.

Send your package to:

Tour Master

Attn: Warranty Dept.

26855 Malibu Hills Rd.

Calabasas Hills, CA 91301

-You are responsible for all shipping charges incurred to return the item to us.

-Ship your items through a carrier providing tracking information to the street number and address.

-US Postal Service proof of delivery is not accepted as they only track to the city, state.

-We will pay return shipping to you via UPS Regular Ground.

-Once the item is received, the process typically takes 2-3 weeks.

-For return status, please feel free to email me at any time.

Please keep this e-mail for future reference.

Best Regards,

Melanie K.

Customer Service

Tour Master & Cortech

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:17 PM

To: 'Service 228'

Melanie,

I purchased these pants somewhere in Oregon Last September while I was on a trip, I really can't remember where, It may have been in Portland.

Is it possible to send them direct, otherwise I guess I'm out of luck?

Thanks

John Langdell

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 4:46 PM

To: john langdell

Hello Mr. Langdell,

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your Tour Master Flex Pant. This is not a common occurrence and we wish to inspect your pant for a manufacturers defect. We have up to a 1-year Manufacturers Warranty. If it is deemed a manufacturers defect and is repairable, we will repair it. Otherwise, we will replace it with a new one or the most current version.

Please contact the original dealer you purchased the item from. They can assist you with sending the item back to us, or replacing it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,

Melanie K.

Customer Service

Tour Master & Cortech

Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:33 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Tourmaster Flex Pants Problem

I have a pair of your FLEX pants which I love but after less than 6 months of use the seam in the crotch is separating. See attached photo. These are size XXL 38-40. Can you repair these?

Yep, me too! I have a bunch of Tourmaster/ Cortech gear.......awesome stuff for the money!!
bike.gif

Had the same thing happen when exchanging a heated jacket controller. Refreshing to have a company actually care about their customers. Kudos to Tourmaster!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Transition II and a pair of Overpants. Superior in every respect except one: the zippers I gave up trying to have zippers repaired and now just replace them with YKK zippers at the first sign of failure. New main zipper in the jacket was less than $4.00, installation by the seamstress at my local dry cleaners was $25.00. That was three years ago and no problems since. Had the same experience with the Overpants, zipper was less money but installation was more. The velcro at leg cuff has lost most of its grip so maybe this winter I will have that replaced. Somehow I have ended up with two pair of the Overpant so the original pair may end up as a donation for a new rider struggling with budget constraints.

Two thumbs down to tourmaster. I bought a pair of tourmaster electric gloves, they had no heat in the thumbs. I e mailed tourmaster telling them of my problem. The return email from tourmaster said the gloves are working fine. I had my dealer return the gloves as a warrenty problem and the returned gloves also had no heat in the thumbs. I now have a pair of Gerbling electric gloves that work just great. Carl