Tourmaster Shield Rainsuit review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRASHED

Reaction score
Last summer I walked into a local shop and they were clearing out some rain gear. I figured at some point I might need some (FYI, it DOES sometimes rain in California). I have had the jacket and pants rolled up in my hard case since I purchased them. This morning, at 3AM, at the end of my 14th 12-hour graveyard shift in a row, I found that I had lost the rain roulette game. It was time to test out the gear. The pants, with a velcro and zip flap at the leg openings allowed me to get them over my boots. I decided to not put the jacket over my leather jacket but to replace it. I wear a heated liner during my cold commutes and I wore this under the rain jacket. I'm riding a 2015 with stock windshield. The jacket and pants are size large (I am 5'11/195lbs) The rain went from a drizzle to a mild shower. My commute was 45 minutes, about 40 of that on the freeway at 65-75mph. Here's what I noticed:

The jacket and pants fit very well. There was zero wind flapping from any part. I got so warm that I had to pull off my glove, reach into my pocket, and turn down my heated jacket to the lowest setting, this was still almost too warm. When I arrived home, I found that I was absolutely dry. Zero water intrusion.

I am super happy with this system. In warmer climates, with minimal vents on the gear, it may be a bit too warm.
Hope this helps someone.

It seems like I have the same rain suit with leg snaps to go over boots and velcro double closure on front. I topped it off with some lightly insulated rubber gloves at the hardware store. GREAT SUIT. I've had a few TourMaster products and have not been disappointed in any of them. Solid products IMHO. Worth the try.