Trip to Mt Magazine, AR--July 23, 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raclow

Reaction score
Here are few pictures from our trip to Mt. Magazine, AR, the highest point in Arkansas.

We had 7 bikes total. 5 FJR's, 1 BMW RT, and 1 Harley....we don't care what bike you have...just ride and have fun.

IMG_3475-1.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

It's either IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, or Waffle House for Breakfast.

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

We made it to the top of Mt Magazine and stopped at the visitors center.

IMG_3484.jpg

View from the top of Mt. Magazine

WaterfallPic.jpg

From Left to Right--Back Row--Our buddy Greg, Trapper, RACLOW, and Our other buddy "Beamer Josh"

From Left to Right--Front Row--Need4Speed and ARFJR

Beautiful day...low humidity, temps in the mid 80's by 2PM, No Clouds.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasn't for all those cool FJR's, I'd say that was a pretty motley crew. It was a great ride! Thanks for sharing the cool pics!

We will do it again, just pray for another one of those cool fronts to come our way. We can do short runs. Let me know.

Love the pic at the visitor center! Looks like a band picture...you guys play instruments too?

How high is the highest point in Arizona?

Heh...not sure what made me think Arizona! Not a single thing in those pictures reminds me of Arizona!

So, 2700 feet is the high point in Arkansas. I thought the Ozarks were higher than that! Sure is nice and green there!

Heh...not sure what made me think Arizona! Not a single thing in those pictures reminds me of Arizona!
So, 2700 feet is the high point in Arkansas. I thought the Ozarks were higher than that! Sure is nice and green there!
It has stayed pretty green this summer despite having very little rain. It is hot and humid here.

2,700 feet isn't that high unless you're in Arkansas. It was a beautiful day to ride for July.

Come ride with us anytime. Need a place to stay...come on. I've read many posts you've made. It's always good to see your user name in a discussion.

It has stayed pretty green this summer despite having very little rain. It is hot and humid here.

2,700 feet isn't that high unless you're in Arkansas. It was a beautiful day to ride for July.

Come ride with us anytime. Need a place to stay...come on. I've read many posts you've made. It's always good to see your user name in a discussion.
Thanks!

The Ozarks remind me of north ga. a little bit.

I took a side trip on my way back from colorado up 23 north of I-40 to eureka springs then cut across to 65 back down to conway for the night. I would have taken 7 back down to I-40 but it was getting late in the evening and i know that would have been a more scenic route but I was all sceneried out after driving all day in that 100 degree wonderland. I'd like to ride that area in the fall when the leaves are a changing.

Oh yeah they call 23 north up there the pig trail scenic byway.

The Ozarks remind me of north ga. a little bit.I took a side trip on my way back from colorado up 23 north of I-40 to eureka springs then cut across to 65 back down to conway for the night. I would have taken 7 back down to I-40 but it was getting late in the evening and i know that would have been a more scenic route but I was all sceneried out after driving all day in that 100 degree wonderland. I'd like to ride that area in the fall when the leaves are a changing.

Oh yeah they call 23 north up there the pig trail scenic byway.

I've been to North Geogia and have a brother that has lived in Atlanta for 20 years. I have spent lots of time in GA and love it because it is a lot like Arkansas.....terrain and scenery I mean.

There are lots of good rides in Arkansas. I'm glad you made the detour and rode a little in the state. Eureka Springs is like a small Swiss village in the mountains....got married there and spend lots of time there in the spring and fall.

Hwy 23 North is called the "Pig Trail" because of the Razorbacks. It is the fastest but most dangerous way to get to Fayetteville, AR from Little Rock.

It hasn't been as hot in Geogia as it has been in Arkansas. This has been a hot summer with more to come.....I can't wait to sweat another 3 gallons tomorrow. :D :eek:

Come ride again and give some advance notice.....you never know who might show up and ride with you for the day.

Take care and ride safe.