TripperMike needs assistance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Mike's TOH Madonna thread in the Long distance Iron butt section?:

"I think I have it figured out. If I wiggle the shifter just so, everything comes on. But jeez is it touchy. Don't know if this might be indicative of a pending total failure down the road or just crud building up where it shouldn't.

Time to get back on the road.
Tripper Mike, you're going to be at Casa de Stanley soon. You want me to make an appointment with Chandler Yamaha Powersports? I trust them!

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of you guys can kiss my butt. Mike probably called me because I gave him my number. However, I see...I'm keeping my eyes on you boys. Yeah, you too Wheatie, just cuz a guy never knows. AND, especially you Fitter...As for Carver wellllllll..............

A couple of you guys can kiss my butt. Mike probably called me because I gave him my number. However, I see...I'm keeping my eyes on you boys. Yeah, you too Wheatie, just cuz a guy never knows. AND, especially you Fitter...As for Carver wellllllll..............
Yo AJ, Tripper Mike is staying at my house this week! Last time You and Patch308 stayed at Casa de Stanley, you left your Hello Kitty Doll in my Guest Bedroom!

HotRodzilla Dude, you don't have a problem with TM cuddling up with Ms. Hello Kitty while he is here do you? JSNS, Farking Weirdo!

Yo AJ, Tripper Mike is staying at my house this week! Last time You and Patch308 stayed at Casa de Stanley, you left your Hello Kitty Doll in my Guest Bedroom!

HotRodzilla Dude, you don't have a problem with TM cuddling up with Ms. Hello Kitty while he is here do you? JSNS, Farking Weirdo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29A4cfxvC9U
You have the strangest fantasies!! You nave got to lay off the pain killers. They're making your hallucinations worse, weirdo. Besides, I thought you had a real cat??!!

OK, I'm a little lost here ....... TripperMike Needs Assistance with his Hello Kitty doll?

(BTW, since there's been nothing recent, I assume TripperMike is OK now? Except that strange woman has his Hello Kitty doll and beemerdons is taking videos of her.)

I do have a real cat and his name is Gary, Gary runs and hides under the bed everytime I say the words "HotRodZilla-AJ"! JSNS, you Cat Molester!

OK, I'm a little lost here ....... TripperMike Needs Assistance with his Hello Kitty doll?
(BTW, since there's been nothing recent, I assume TripperMike is OK now? Except that strange woman has his Hello Kitty doll and beemerdons is taking videos of her.)
Uncle Hud, got this message from Tripper Mike a few days ago; I am sure he would of called if his plans had changed, can get that shifter problem fixed locally.

Hiya Don,
I'll be riding through Phoenix on July 7th on my way to Albuquerque. If you're open to a visit I'd like to stop by.

Mike

Hola Miguel el Tripper, Mi Casa es su Casa! My Guest Bedroom is wide open and the swimming pool water is a perfect temperature ese!

Saludos y Recuerdos,

Don Stanley

Chandler, AZ

Ok so I'm taking a short break on the trip while I figure out my options.

First of all, thanks for your help on this "not starting" issue. When you're stuck in the middle of no wheresville, you get in touch with The Man who gets results.

The starting issue has happened a few times since. And no, holding the clutch in didn't help.

Onto another issue though. I was shopping for a new tire and when I went to see what the tire size was (I know this should be committed to memory), I noticed hairline cracks on one of the front brake rotors. So is this critical or a non issue? Commonplace?

non-issue, don't brake
Just use the other rotor, duh!

A rotor with a hairline crack means you have a cracked rotor. Are you really asking if a cracked rotor is serious?
uhoh.gif

Don't ask me what I asking. I'm sleep deprived. I'll bring the bike into the shop in Albuquerqie for a new tire and ask them if they can even see them. It maybe that they'll be fine so long as I replace when I return home.

First of all, thanks for your help on this "not starting" issue. When you're stuck in the middle of no wheresville, you get in touch with The Man who gets results.
See, I told ya Zilla got a reputation. If I'm in trouble, even if it's 3am, Zilla is the man I'm callin'.

^^^^^^^ Yes. It's scribbled on the wall of virtually every gas station bathroom between Oklahoma City and Los Angeles.

But I ever get into a jam, he's #1 on the speed dial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I don't know that your rotor is cracked. Can you see a Crack from the top of the rotor looking down on it? Rotors ways look weird. There may be lines that look like cracks that aren't "really" cracks.

Any noise, chatter, weird feelings while braking? You would have to do something extreme to crack a rotor. Do Bobby J's or R And S have any new rotors? Need them ordered and overnighted??

Any of you girls really need or want my number, you can have it. Lol. I hardly sleep anyway, but I do turn off my personal phone when I am sleeping. My work phone is on when I'm asleep, but few people have that one, so it doesn't blow up like my other. However, when it rings, usually all Hell is breaking loose.