Turn it off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right, it's not like the FJR, which will leave the flashers going until you manually cancel them, but it's still a "manual" switch in that you must continue to hold the lever in a "half-way engaged" position to utilize the lane-change feature. It's still a manual during lane change maneuvers.
Still a manual, just not like the FJR being a manual.
tongue.png
Exactly. In the car, there's virtually no chance I'll forget because I use the lane change position on the lever. But there's virtually no chance I'll forget after a lane change on the FJR either because if I'm not clutching I can, and do, use Gary's suggestion.

Perhaps you might consider just deciding NOT to activate the signal unless you keep you thumb on the button. You'll never forget to shut it off again.

Wfooshee, agree completely. I'll usually cancel from habit, but occasionally there's so much going on that I guess the turn signals just take a lower priority.

You're right, it's not like the FJR, which will leave the flashers going until you manually cancel them, but it's still a "manual" switch in that you must continue to hold the lever in a "half-way engaged" position to utilize the lane-change feature. It's still a manual during lane change maneuvers.
Still a manual, just not like the FJR being a manual.
tongue.png
My F150 is has a true lane change position. Halfway up/down and released is 3 blinks and off. Halfway up/down and held is constant blink until released then 3 blinks and off.

That said I've been known to leave a blinker on on the bike, particularly when in crowded urban areas, by far the worst time to do it.

I typically push the button to cancel and push the bars to turn at the same time, it's just how I learned it as a kid from Dad. It's when I get out of my routine, thinking about the congestion or whatever, that I forget to do it.