Two dead guys named Bob this week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toecutter and Eve,

Heartfelt condolences to you both!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for your service to your community and to our FJR community!

Saddened to hear of your Dads passing, and Thanks for your sharing your many good thoughts & wise reflections, ...I have a feeling we could find some real common ground were we to have a chat one day about life with our respective Dads, luckily I too have found a pretty fair realtionship with mine in recent years, ...a blessing, as he too is close-on the end of his journey now. It sounds to me like the New Bob has a firm grip and is up to carrying the flag, both literally & figuratively! Both you & your wife have my sincere condolences, ...Be Well!

sniffel, sniffel, Sorry to hear this news, As your Family gets smaller may your inner strengths grow. I've lost my Mother & Father in the last 7 years and will keep you & yours in our prayers.

It has been a tough week... My sister lost her only son in a car accident last week. Ended up having to attend the funeral in Bakersfield. Please know that in your time of loss my thoughts and prayers are with you... Rich

Just saw this and said a prayer for you. Even when you know your Dad's health is on the wane, we're never ready for the end.

Bob

I am sorry for both of your losses. The grace of God and time heal all things. You are both in my prayers;

-Greg-

I am sorry to hear of your and Eve's losses. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

TC, Sorry to hear about your great loss. You and your Family will be in my prayers. Keep in touch. Dan

Bob,

What a post for this early on a Monday morning. A couple of thoughts from central Texas:

- From time to time, I go through my message box here on the forum, clearing out the old stuff. One post I have never gotten rid of is the birthday wishes you sent me last year. We've never met, could literally pass each other on the sidewalk and never know, but you did something by sending that that exceeded what most that have known me for years never bothered to do. That says a lot about you, obviously.

- Andy got it. Never knew the man, but I would suspect we had a few things in common. I got married a couple of years back, and 100% of my family chose not to attend, for one selfish reason or another. It was at that moment that I quit living according to norms, and started living my life, with those I chose to spend time with, which in most cases are not the people I am related to.

This internet thing works in mysterious ways, in this particular case putting me in touch with two guys who I have never met, but who I share some commonality with, on this trip through life.

My thoughts are with you, and I think you'll do just fine in your role as Bob, Senior.

Blessings be upon your house TC. If as caring and sensitive words are said for me when I'm gone, I'll be able to say I had a good life. Calling you about a triffle with electronics (sorted.....sorta), Douh! If there's anything I can do for you, please call.

J

I am very sorry for your losses, and like many I live in fear of that day in my life when my dad passes. Maybe by sharing you will find some comfort, and by reading your thoughts I can be ready for the future.

Thank you for sharing. And thanks for helping honor a fallen young man.

C