Unwelcome guest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Got my new air filter in the mail today, so I decided to finish up the spring maintenance on the Feej. Good thing I wasn't counting on reusing the old one; seems I had an unwelcome guest in the airbox over the winter. When I pulled the housing off, I found this:

0422161551.jpg

Who'da thunk Yamaha plastic tasted that good? I thought I had the rodent problem covered with traps on the garage floor; guess I better plan on stuffing some steel wool in the air intake this winter. Little SOB had made a nest inside with plastic cuttings and fluff torn from the filter element. Where was the neighbor's cat when all this was going on?

Little varmints love to chew on plastic and wiring too. Mouse and rat snap traps with dry dog treats are your friend.
Mice totaled my buddies BMW LT by chewing the wires. Rather than have it fixed the insurance company wrote him a check. It would have cost more to replace the wiring harness than the bike was worth.

One spring, mine was stuffed with cat food the little buggers had scavenged and stashed away for the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little varmints love to chew on plastic and wiring too. Mouse and rat snap traps with dry dog treats are your friend.
I've killed a couple lately with peanut butter snap-trap treats. Nice to know there's a dry food option.
smile.png

Thanks Bug!

--G

Peanut butter is ok but will go rancid after a time. Dry dog treats are indestructible.

Along with your traps is a small dish of anti freeze works well for the thirsty beasties but don't let your pets get it- antifreeze is death to animals.

Peanut butter is ok but will go rancid after a time. Dry dog treats are indestructible.
Along with your traps is a small dish of anti freeze works well for the thirsty beasties but don't let your pets get it- antifreeze is death to animals.
That's good info from an expert. Never thought about dog treats.