Upcoming Saddle Sore Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED

Reaction score
I have had my route planned out for three years and this Saturday I am finally going for it. :yahoo:

The weather through out my route is forcasted between 65-80 degrees and mostly sunny. (Through Ohio, WVA, VA, PA and back to Central Ohio.)I will not find another Saturday with better weather.

My log book is put together, my GPS is programmed and I have put together a laundry list of small items I need to take with me.

I've been pondering over the last several days if I thought it would be a good idea to invite one of my Harley buddies along. After careful consideration, I decided to run this one on my own. I want to ride my own ride.

Ill chime back in and give an update on how I did.

Good luck on the ride...the only advice I can offer, when you feel tired, stop and rest for 15 or so minutes. You will have a great smile on your face when you cross that 1000 mile mark on your odometer. My guess you did the right thing going it alone. You have a mission and a friend might not have the same mission in mind.

Willie

I have had my route planned out for three years and this Saturday I am finally going for it. :yahoo:

The weather through out my route is forcasted between 65-80 degrees and mostly sunny. (Through Ohio, WVA, VA, PA and back to Central Ohio.)I will not find another Saturday with better weather.

My log book is put together, my GPS is programmed and I have put together a laundry list of small items I need to take with me.

I've been pondering over the last several days if I thought it would be a good idea to invite one of my Harley buddies along. After careful consideration, I decided to run this one on my own. I want to ride my own ride.

Ill chime back in and give an update on how I did.
Where in central Ohio are you finishing? I live near Columbus if you need any end witnesses.

Good luck!

I'm in Westerville if ya need a witness. I just did my 1st SS1000 last Oct. Take breaks when you need to and you'll be fine.

Thank you for all the support, I appreciate it. I live in the Mansfield area and I am depending on my live in girlfriend to my be reliable witness. ;)

When I did mine with another buddy who rode his Harley.......the only PITA was stopping every 200 Km for gas :-(

Yesterday, my trip was successful. I covered just under 1100 miles in 19 hours. :D

Congrats !!

Congrats! :yahoo: Gives you a different appreciation for those who ride multiple day rally's, doesn't it!!!
Absolutely. Thanks again for everyones support. I did well enough with this ride, I have the confidence that I could also kill the 1500 in 36.

That will be next years mission.