• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Used 13 Des Moines craigslist.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg

Reaction score
Don't know how to post the link but there is a used 2013 with 200 miles on it. Seller is asking $11,000. In the Des Moines listings. Have no connection to or info about seller. Just seems like a good deal if someone is in the market for a used 13.

Judging from the copy/paste of the ads text, below, I'd say Hoax. All the FJR owners I know are far more literate.

"2013 FJR 1300 WITH 200

HAS A 4 YEAR WARRANTY THAT TRANSVERESL..WILL REPLY TO PHONE CALLS ONLY.CAN SEND PICS ON PHONE.THANKS FOR LOOKING.$1100.00 OBO."

Just my opinion:

11k is indeed a great price. However, I would really worry about the seller.

If a man can't spell, or if his grammar is lousy, he knows it.

But if he doesn't care enough about important matters (like attempting to sell a motorcycle) to have someone edit his ridiculous grammar, I wonder how well he took care of that bike.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sold a couple of bikes on craigslist and there are a bunch of scammers out there. I know this is the other way around, but this way around is even easier to scam. The one thing you see in common is a ton of bad grammar in the responses. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is not.

Saw the bike this afternoon. Now has 435 miles on it, was dusty but I didn't see anything wrong with it. If I hadn't picked up a 2013 a month ago I'd be all over this. Sellers first name is Andrew, late fifties, mechanic at a car dealership. Nothing indicating anything but a motivated seller.

I've had good luck on craigslist with similar posts. Not all people are technologically savy or good salesmen. Simple, poorly worded adds don't always indicate a scammer. If someone puts in a phone number I view it as a real ad.

The sad reality for a seller is that an ad like that generally gets overlooked by a large percentage of buyers. If you're a true buyer this can work to your advantage as they will accept a (lower) offer since they haven't been getting calls. I was able to lowball 2 bikes because the ads were junk and hadn't generated any interest. Nothing more than a model, mileage, price and phone number.

This could be a great deal for someone. I'd jump on it if I hadn't already picked up a 13 from California last month.

If I wasn't saving up my pennies for a'14 ES ( that I can get for a pretty good discount) I would be all over this.

Latest posts