Using The Valentine One

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of a Valentine One. I'd like some input from users concerning the pluses and minuses of using the different computer modes (All Bogeys / Logic / Advanced Logic). I've been using the Advanced Logic mode for the short time I've had the V1. My choice is based only on the info provided with the device and a desire to limit the number of junk alerts. Any advice concerning using any specific mode? Any other useful tips on using the V1 will be much appreciated.

turn off the damn POP unless you know they use it in your area. Too many false alarms. I leave it on advanced logic. Also, volvos will scare the shit out of you with laser falsing.

I have it and my zumo hooked to a sena BT mixer which streams both to my helmet.

Saved my ass today twice.

I have no POP falses. I do get an occasional "J"(unk). What I don't like is that it seems the increase in car-assistance-for-stupid-drivers (auto-brake or side-scanning radar or something) in the newer cars are creating issues with K band that aren't the typical automatic-door alarms from grocery stores that I'm used to.

I have looked at V's web site and still don't see how to actually "turn off" POP or K or X or whatever single band is possible. I can get it to go from A to L to short-L but what else is possible? Where's the actual link to programming it for these things like "turn off POP"?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an ability to reprogram the V1 to handle the various types of signals in different ways. This is above and beyond moving between the three preprogrammed modes. I do not know how to do it, I but remember it being mentioned on the website. I visited the site recommended earlier in this thread and it is very detailed and technical. I imagine you can find an answer to about any question if you can wade through the jargon. There is a section on their forum dedicated to the V1.

I have no POP falses. I do get an occasional "J"(unk). What I don't like is that it seems the increase in car-assistance-for-stupid-drivers (auto-brake or side-scanning radar or something) in the newer cars are creating issues with K band that aren't the typical automatic-door alarms from grocery stores that I'm used to.
I have looked at V's web site and still don't see how to actually "turn off" POP or K or X or whatever single band is possible. I can get it to go from A to L to short-L but what else is possible? Where's the actual link to programming it for these things like "turn off POP"?
https://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp

lexus and volvo = laser = panic. But remember, no such thing as moving laser speed measurement devices.

Kind of an aside...what's with all the K-band radar in Georgia? I'm used to most of my real hits being on the Ka band, and going through GA las week, the State Patrol was running nearly all K-band.