very cool item for tank bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also got the Bags-Connection tank ring mounted daypack. Awesome bag and locking mechanism. Takes two seconds to remove for a fill-up. The only issue I have is that sometimes I find it hard to line up to reattach it without lokking under the bag.

I have also purchased the top-ring only (that part that mounts on the bag) and attached it to other rigid-bottom bags.

I had no idea that Twisted Throttle offers this brand.

Would you be able to email/post of pictures of what the bag looks like on the FJR?

Also, is there room to fit a Nikon DSLR?
Funny you would ask. I just finished a trip from Seattle to Pleasanton, CA and was planning on posting a trip report with pictures. Hopefully I will get it up there tonight.

With regard to the DSLR (funny point #2), on my return trip I decided to experiment with having my Nikon D300 strapped using the blackrapid strap so that I can take pictures while riding. I used a 35mm lens at f8 with shutter speed for most shots at 2000. Worked out really well in that I did not have to pull over every time I found a nice scenery to shoot. Been using this strap for past couple of years for shootings soccer, now realizing that it works great for motorcycling as well. Just make sure you get a lens filter and point lens to your saddle when not using (chips from other cars/trucks).

Here is a link to the blackrapid strap in case you are interested. The bag I got is expandable but would be a tight fit for dslr with longer lens. BagConnection makes other bags that are larger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Q1IxI_Opw&feature=player_detailpage

I was hoping to carry a Nikon D7000 and 16mm-18MM Lens in the tank bag. When I go on long trips now, I have to stop, open my Givi top case and take out my Nikon. I'm hoping to get a tankbag that will hold my D7000.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

I had no idea that Twisted Throttle offers this brand.

Would you be able to email/post of pictures of what the bag looks like on the FJR?

Also, is there room to fit a Nikon DSLR?
Funny you would ask. I just finished a trip from Seattle to Pleasanton, CA and was planning on posting a trip report with pictures. Hopefully I will get it up there tonight.

With regard to the DSLR (funny point #2), on my return trip I decided to experiment with having my Nikon D300 strapped using the blackrapid strap so that I can take pictures while riding. I used a 35mm lens at f8 with shutter speed for most shots at 2000. Worked out really well in that I did not have to pull over every time I found a nice scenery to shoot. Been using this strap for past couple of years for shootings soccer, now realizing that it works great for motorcycling as well. Just make sure you get a lens filter and point lens to your saddle when not using (chips from other cars/trucks).

Here is a link to the blackrapid strap in case you are interested. The bag I got is expandable but would be a tight fit for dslr with longer lens. BagConnection makes other bags that are larger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Q1IxI_Opw&feature=player_detailpage

PGG3390-L.jpg

CIMG0915-L.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I see that you have added the map holder. Is there a issue with the map holder moving around the bag during high winds?
Never noticed a problem with the map holder moving around and I have ridden in some pretty strong winds. I wish the the map holder was big enough hold an 8.5x11 paper. For now, I just use it on long trips to hold my ipod and phone.

Is Twisted Throttle the only place that sells it?

Thanks for the pictures. I see that you have added the map holder. Is there a issue with the map holder moving around the bag during high winds?
Never noticed a problem with the map holder moving around and I have ridden in some pretty strong winds. I wish the the map holder was big enough hold an 8.5x11 paper. For now, I just use it on long trips to hold my ipod and phone.

Also, the rain cover has a clear screen, so you can still see the map. I really like this tank bag, it's smaller then most other bags and it allows you to expend it.

Cortech Dryver Tankbag is that bag....small and medium...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the heck can't they make a tank bag that's waterproof without needing a shower cap cover?

Is that really too much to ask? :unsure:
For me it is (too much to ask). The waterproof cortech dryver bag mentioned is over twice the price of this bag. <_<

Cortech Dryver Tankbag is that bag....small and medium...
Yes!!

Do you have it? Is it really waterproof? Or just water resistant?

I have all of my electronic goodies in my tank bags and hate the rigamarole you have to go through with the shower caps.

Why the heck can't they make a tank bag that's waterproof without needing a shower cap cover?

Is that really too much to ask? :unsure:
For me it is (too much to ask). The waterproof cortech dryver bag mentioned is over twice the price of this bag. <_<

I guess that depends on how often you end up riding in heavy rain an what you want to put in the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts