Video & Photo Ride Report of 2010 CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now for the wrap up. I had foolishly deleted my City Navigator maps out of my Garmin thinking I could reload someone else's map in an attempt to get the routes to work properly. This just left me with the basemap in the unit (an old GPS Map 276c) which was basically useless.

Fortunately Tom & Pam (Huron52) took pity on me and allowed me to tag along. Unfortunately we also had to drag along Bustanut (just kidding) :biggrinsmiley:

With everything packed up and the bill settled we started the trip south. We decided to split the difference between Montreal and Ottawa and crossed the Ottawa River near Cumberland.

913104600_uMzYG-L.jpg

We then took a run south of Ottawa to swing us around the city but the clouds were gathering and started to threaten. Just as the skies started to open up Tim Hortons once again came to the rescue. It was time for lunch anyways. We hunkered down through the worst of it and put on the foul weather gear. Tom had done his homework and rather than just slab it down Hwy 7 we started running some of the more fun roads in Eastern Ontario. I was folowing Bustanut through the Opmah Stomp when he had a pucker factor moment and almost ran out of corner. Fortunately he was able to sufficiently recover so therefore no blood, no foul.

It was more nice cruising over to Brancroft to Tory Hill and down to Gooderham where it was my point from departure from the group. :bye2:

I have some friends in Gooderham and dropped in for a visit. It just happened that they were having a birthday party for Tracy and I did manage to snag a piece of birthday cake. Ken is the executive director for the Ontario Federation of Trail Rides and gave Tracy a tow hitch and a motorcycle trailer for her birthday. Such a romantic. Now I know I am no longer in Quebec. In keeping with the Yamaha theme for the week the birthday ice creme cake was custom made.

913104914_UvqRe-L.jpg

Sorry, you can't have any. It was all gone by the time I left and had a fun little ride down the 507 and then on to home.

Final Stats:

916174307_EDSgP-L.jpg

I have blanked the max speed since I do not want to be accused of contributing to your delinquency nor do I wish to incriminate myself.

So that's a wrap. I meet some great people, had a ton of fun, experienced the joie de vivre of the rally and can't wait to do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone needs to get these two together ----->

913077490_DTvpQ-L.jpg

IMG_5004sm.jpg

:lol:

Where do you buy these things?

Who the heck MAKES these thing?

Nice report Bill..

Thanks for making my moment in the sun not so shining :lol: It was kinda hairy for a minute let me tell ya :eek:

I've blown a line before, but never on the road two up like that..

Looking forward to doing the stomp and whatever else rides you folks have over that way again soon.

:jester:

We next discovered the official flower of Quebec -- the Orange Banded Barrel plant. Let me tell you, they grow everywhere in great profusion.
IMG_4828sm.jpg
I am sorry to report that the Quebec weed known as the 'Orange Banded Barrel Plant' has spread to the west is now infesting the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those who do not live at the center of the universe).

The following was observed on Liberty St in Bowmanville.

919836463_pawvo-L.jpg

Please note that the weed has mutated to orange & black bands. As with most things, they are prettier in Quebec.

Mea Culpa.
No street signs indicating the turn on to the Parkway! Turn left on to Booth Street to get to Victoria Island. Got it, Left Turn Lane. Big sign that says NO FUCKING LEFT TURNS! WTF!

We all know what happened next :D

Hey, we saw Ottawa, the government buildings and we didn't lose anybody (WOW!).
I forgot to add that two wrongs don't make a right but if you spend time at the center of the universe (Toronto) you soon learn that three rights make a left :derisive: