Videos by GoPro Digital Hero 3 by Sirby

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirby

Reaction score
Sirby's FJR Videos

Some of you may have seen my small wrist mounted video camera I was using at the rally. Here are a couple of videos I put together from it. I had it strapped to my Skyway delrin slider.

I am receiving a new camera from the folks at goprocamera.com because they have made a bunch of improvements to the firmware on the new model, providing much smoother video and way better sound management options. A better waterproof case and auto every 5 seconds still picture function are part of the new / current model as well. I will post some new video bits when I get the new model.

Check them out.

-Sirby B)

Curious, did you edit the film on YouTube? The reason I ask is that the video snaps back several road turns and repeats, and the sound does not flow with the video. Just wondering if the camera looses the ability to remain in-sync (video with audio) or if you edited the video prior to uploading.

Also too, what is the P# for additional SD cards? 54min. for a 2gig card is not very long.

On a separate note, you can definitaly note the difference in RPM to road speed with your AE. How do you like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
RPM to road speed in an AE is the same as an A He seems to have been staying in a higher gear for most of the ride.

East Canyon (Rt 65) is not to be triffled with unless you are familiar with it. Did you notice the dirty corners? They are everywhere on that road. I ride it often but fairly easy as the road is very unpredicable in both traffic and debris

Nice VID

Thanks

RPM to road speed in an AE is the same as an A He seems to have been staying in a higher gear for most of the ride.
East Canyon (Rt 65) is not to be triffled with unless you are familiar with it. Did you notice the dirty corners? They are everywhere on that road. I ride it often but fairly easy as the road is very unpredicable in both traffic and debris

Nice VID

Thanks
The Digital Hero Camera I was using at WFO was the earlier model which does not have a variable audio setting. It was in HI gain mode all the time which makes the video sound like I was running really high rpm which is not the case. I keep the rev's around 3 to 3.5k mostly. The new and current model of the cam has both a HI and a LO audio gain setting which sounds alot better. go check out the new video I posted on you tube . search for SIRBY1300 and view the two new "advanced" videos for an idea of the sound improvement.

I bought a cheapo 2GB SD card at WalMart made by PNY which may be the reason for the overlapping files causing the repeated snippets.

-Sirby B)

Nice VID

Thanks
Oh, and thanks again for layin' out those routes for us. That 65 route was a gas. You can see lots of gravel in the corners in that video. Fun :eek: )

-Sirby B)

Curious, did you edit the film on YouTube? The reason I ask is that the video snaps back several road turns and repeats, and the sound does not flow with the video. Just wondering if the camera looses the ability to remain in-sync (video with audio) or if you edited the video prior to uploading.
Also too, what is the P# for additional SD cards? 54min. for a 2gig card is not very long.

On a separate note, you can definitaly note the difference in RPM to road speed with your AE. How do you like it?
The newest version of the camera is way smoother than that one I was using. I did some editing also, but not much to the body of that clip.

If you want to pick up one of those Digital Hero3 cameras, check with bestrestproducts.com as David the guru there told me that he is now a dealer for the little camera. Probably will cut you a deal. I have no financial interest, he is a friend of mine.

I don't know what a P# is for additional cards, but any SD flash memory card will work up to 2GB. A fresh set of NIMH AAA's in the thingwon't last too much longer than what it will take to fill the 2GB card at 3mp, about 55 minutes or so. If you put it in the still-pic-every-five-seconds mode it will take about 2400 shots for you to pour through after finally going dead after 3 hours and 20 minutes. ( That spy camera you have always wanted)

I love my AE. After the 3000 mile trip to Utah and back, I would like a cruise control. The Throttlemeister is good, but not enough to keep you on speed. This bike has so much power that only the slightest influence of pressure on the grip will nudge you way up over the limit. Frustrating when one more ticket would be a very bad thing. damhik

-Sirby B)

The newest version of the camera is way smoother than that one I was using. I did some editing also, but not much to the body of that clip.

If you want to pick up one of those Digital Hero3 cameras, check with bestrestproducts.com as David the guru there told me that he is now a dealer for the little camera. Probably will cut you a deal. I have no financial interest, he is a friend of mine.

I don't know what a P# is for additional cards, but any SD flash memory card will work up to 2GB. A fresh set of NIMH AAA's in the thingwon't last too much longer than what it will take to fill the 2GB card at 3mp, about 55 minutes or so. If you put it in the still-pic-every-five-seconds mode it will take about 2400 shots for you to pour through after finally going dead after 3 hours and 20 minutes. ( That spy camera you have always wanted)

I love my AE. After the 3000 mile trip to Utah and back, I would like a cruise control. The Throttlemeister is good, but not enough to keep you on speed. This bike has so much power that only the slightest influence of pressure on the grip will nudge you way up over the limit. Frustrating when one more ticket would be a very bad thing. damhik

-Sirby B)
bestrestproducts.com now has the newest GoPro video camera in 5MP resolution with the built in wide angle lens. Pretty cost effective way to got into video on the bike.

-Sirby