Waterproof Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Wolfman dry bad that has served fairly well, although the last time I rode with it in prolonged wet conditions, I noted a bit of dampness near seams.

As for the packing strategy, we follow Fred's mantra. We each get a side case, and then share the Givi top box for layers (warm, rain, etc) and some emergency stuff (tire kit, duct tape, roadside lighting, etc). So far, our longest two-up ride has only been four days, but Laura is good about "need" vs "want" when packing.

... My wife gets her own side bag and we share the space in the trunk for rain gear and gloves, snacks, water, etc. if she can't find space for it in her side bag, it doesn't go.
Given your wife's size, she could probably pack a month's worth of stuff in the single case whereas we of larger stature have room for a lot fewer clothing articles!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
True, my pillion is diminutive at 4 foot 12 and 105 lbs, but generally it isn't the clothes that these wimmens feel they need to take along that consumes so much space. It's all the other crapola.

I went with Ortlieb. A few more bucks, but you gotta figure it will likely last the rest of your life. (Especially considering the average age of most FJR owners.)

Isn't it said that one never regrets having bought a tool that was too high in quality?

They open lengthwise, they do NOT leak, and they're tough as hell.

A roll up dry bag isn't going to be as convenient to get into as the hard trunk is. First you have to release the straps holding the bag on the bike then you have to unroll the opening then pry it open to get your wife's purse. Then you have to go through all that in reverse to pack it back up. That said, I use the Helen Twowheels dry clothes bag which opens long wise instead of at the end. I have two of them and keep the riding suit I'm not wearing and hiking shoes in one and the other is used for dirty laundry.

The Pelican iM2100 without foam is available at B&H Photo for $63.50 including shipping.

Tony I'm running the Tourmaster roll up bags. They worked great on my last 2000 mile ride and were easy to use and get into. They have numerous tie down areas. As mentioned I'd be nervous about strapping to the top case with out the support bracket upgrade. I've used these bags and seen them strapped on top of the side bags with a strap going around the bag.

I ran into a lot of rain on that trip and everything was bone dry.

TS took the words outta my mouth. Getting into the top case will be a lot faster than getting into a dry bag. I use dry bags (Seal Line and Walmart) but only for packing stuff I need when I get where I'm going - camping stuff, clothes, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: