We lost a forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always terrible to lose someone; It's even more heartbreaking when it's way before their time.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Wow... just too unbelieveable! I shared a room with him last September at SW FOG. I read a post on facebook from Peter this morning and I thought what's up with that. Then I read Skooter's post.... Sooooo very sad! Way too young!

I don't know what to say.... :angry:

I hadn't had the pleasure of personally meeting Greg, but I followed along on his efforts during the last IBR, from the moment he overcame his dead battery problem in Seattle until his excellent finish. He always presented himself as one who was enjoying life to the fullest, and always had that nice little grin on his face.

My heartfelt and sincere condolences to his wife, family, and his many friends here. I am so sorry he was taken from you like this.

It is a sad truth that life is unfair at times. This certainly qualifies as one of those times, I'm afraid.

Be of stout heart in your time of sorrow!

Sincerely,

Don McGilvray

dsmack

Although I never met him, stories and remembrances by those who did will help me and others to get to know what a great guy he was. There's going to be a hole in many a heart as his time was up way too early. RIP

Just another echo of the suckage. I met him at SW-FOG 2010 as well...obviously well liked and will definitely be missed.

Very sad news. Briefly met Greg at the IBR start in Seattle this year, what a great guy...way too young to go. Sending thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

RIP Greg.

--George

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't had the pleasure of personally meeting Greg, but I followed along on his efforts during the last IBR, from the moment he overcame his dead battery problem in Seattle until his excellent finish. He always presented himself as one who was enjoying life to the fullest, and always had that nice little grin on his face.

My heartfelt and sincere condolences to his wife, family, and his many friends here. I am so sorry he was taken from you like this.

It is a sad truth that life is unfair at times. This certainly qualifies as one of those times, I'm afraid.

Be of stout heart in your time of sorrow!

Sincerely,

Don McGilvray

dsmack
+1,

There are certain people you hear about and want to meet in person and he was one of those. After reading his account of his IBR ride and hearing of his willingness to help others (He and Skooter riding to Yuma to be a witness for another forum member's Border to Border to Border Ride) you can see he was shining example of the "familial" group we are part of.

Godspeed G2G!!! :cray: :cray:

I just read the news. It is overwhelming, heart breaking and so unexpected. I first met Greg at Iggy's prior to the IBR and we quickly became friends. I will miss him. My thought and prayers are with his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
My condolences to his family and friends.....he sounded like a wonderful person to get to know!

From our perspective, life is never fair when it comes to who leaves and who stays.

My wish is peace to all of his friends and especially his family.

This is one of the occasions when an appropriate action is to yell at the darkness!

Sorry for the loss to humankind from what reads as a special and kind man.

A few more details on Greg's death. It was an aneurysm that was the problem. Apparently he had been suffering from headaches for a few days. Even went so far to see a doctor (that didn't correctly diagnose the problem) And details are not set yet, but it looks like funeral proceeding will be held in Los Angeles on Friday.

My condolences to his family and friends. Didn't know the man personally, but considered him a forum family member.

God Bless and RIP

Thanks for keeping us posted Skooter.

Heard about Greg's passing last night from Doug5551 after riding all day with my wife & friends.

I've never used this word to describe anyone. With Greg, it seems to fit... Unflappable. I don't think I've ever seen him upset, about anything. His quick grin was about the only emotion I've ever seen from him. A genuinely nice and friendly man. A worthy competitor too. I was looking forward to riding against him in another rally. The latest one was this year's LOE.

My deepest condolences to Luanne and Katie. Devastating news to some awesome folks.

I miss you Greg. Until our next rally...

Damn....Deepest condolences to family and friends...especially you folks in the LD arena...so sorry to hear this...

Blessings,

Bobby

A few more details on Greg's death. It was an aneurysm that was the problem. Apparently he had been suffering from headaches for a few days. Even went so far to see a doctor (that didn't correctly diagnose the problem) And details are not set yet, but it looks like funeral proceeding will be held in Los Angeles on Friday.
I hate hearing that. My wife died of a brain aneurysm in 2001. Her doctor missed it also.

Everyone should be familiar with the symptoms of one.

Symptoms of an unruptured brain aneurysm, (If you are lucky enough to have them; Sometimes there are none.):

"Most brain aneurysms cause no symptoms and may only be discovered during tests for another, usually unrelated, condition. In other cases, an unruptured aneurysm will cause problems by pressing on areas in the brain. When this happens, the person may suffer from severe headaches, blurred vision, changes in speech, and neck pain, depending on what areas of the brain are affected and how bad the aneurysm is."

(WebMD)

Symptoms of a ruptured aneurysm:

A sudden, severe headache that is different from past headaches.

Neck pain.

Nausea and vomiting.

Sensitivity to light.

Fainting or loss of consciousness.

Seizures.

Symptoms of a ruptured brain aneurysm often come on suddenly. If you have any of the following symptoms or notice them in someone you know, call 911 or other emergency services right away.

(WebMD)

Denial causes a lot of deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.