We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much can be said... Your friends and family can be gone in a second. My thoughts are with you Sherri and the hard days ahead. Godspeed Andrew..

:( Smitty :(

I have been reading this since Barry called me and told me the horrendous news. I was waiting because i was at a complete loss for words.

I am still at a loss but want to send my condolences to Sherri and the rest of the familly.

RIP Andrew we will all miss you.

Richard

I was honored to meet Andrew briefly, on a Pashnit ride last year at Camp Roberts, to support our troops. I know him mostly from his writings, here and on Pashnit, as a skilled, experienced and dedicated motorcyclist. He also struck me as a man of conviction, and principals. He will be truly missed...

I am so, so very sorry for your loss Sherri, and my family and I stand ready to help in any way we can. Our prayers go out to you and us all...

"Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord, and let Your Eternal Light shine upon him. May he Rest (and ride) in Peace"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Andrew was my little brother.

It's tremendous to read all the posts here about Andrew and what a truly wonderful man he was. Particularly the pictures. Please keep posting them. I've been looking at pictures of Andrew all night and I just can never remember him without a smile on his face and it kills me that he's gone. Thank you all for all you've said about Andrew. I can't believe that he is gone.

I read in another thread that there aren't funds for his memorial. This really isn't the case. Please contribute if you like, but there is no need.

I hate to see people speculate about what happened to Andrew. If you want details please e-mail me. I will say that Andrew was 100% dedicated to safety at all times. He lost his focus for reasons that were not entirely his fault.

Please be good to each other, it's all Andrew wanted.

Graham

[email protected]

Graham,

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, You were blessed with a great guy for a brother!

I've posted some of these pictures before but here are some of Andrew,

These first ones were taken by Sherri at the Yellowstone ride September of 05:

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

These are some I took of Andrew & Sherri the same trip:

IMG_1247_3.jpg

IMG_1248_3.jpg

IMG_1270_2.jpg

IMG_1275_2.jpg

IMG_1277_2.jpg

IMG_1289_2.jpg

IMG_1290_2.jpg

IMG_1295_3.jpg

IMG_1309_2.jpg

IMG_1312-1.jpg

IMG_1316_2.jpg

Reno in 06:

IMG_2623_2.jpg

And Park City in 07:

IMG_3100.jpg

I've never bothered posting in any of the "RIP" threads before, mostly because I really didn't know what to say with any sincerity about someone I only knew through the forum.

But this is different. Andrew's posts were something I always looked forward to. Each time I saw his avatar, my heart would leap that little bit, knowing his tendency for well written commentary and excellent photograghy. Not to mention the way his spirit seemed to transcend his posts.

I can scarcely imagine what all of you who were close to him are going through. What a major bummer.

God speed, Andrew. The world is a lesser place without you.

WJ

I want to let everyone know that I put together a package from these posts and pictures and brought them over to our parents house this morning to show them.

They were very moved to find out that Andrew had so many who cared so much about him. I can't say that the pictures and words didn't cause some tears, but they also caused some big smiles. Andrew's smile is so infectious, it's kind of hard to ignore - isn't it? :)

My families thanks to all who have said and offered such wonderful things about Andrew.

Graham

My sincerest condonlences to family and friends. Truly sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I look forward to riding with you in heaven. :cray:

Condolences Sherri, Graham and everyone who knew Andrew.

First time I've been on the forum in a couple of days and am appalled and upset to hear of Andrew's passing. We rode together for the first time in early September this year and he impressed me as a thoroughly competent rider and good guy.

Wish we'd met earlier.

RsvlFeej

I wave at other motocyclists not because I know them,

But because I know their spirit.

The spirit to glide, to float, to scream, to fly

Upon this machine.

The spirit to be free, and yet be a part of something;

Part of a brotherhood, part of a family,

Part of a dream.

I’ve wondered sometimes how far my wave got.

From him to her, and to the next.

Passed on across the roads and highways.

Across the rivers and mountains.

From here to there to where?

I think it has made it everywhere,

Because it’s passed on by the heart not the hand.

So I have not met you Andrew, nor you me,

But we’ve waved…

And I will continue to carry that spirit,

For you, for me, for us.

We just got an email from Highlander and are shocked.

We send our condolences to his wife, Sherri, all that were close to Andrew. I met him at the WFO-5 but I know him better from his always witty and helpful postings on this site. He will always be remembered as the kind and generous person he was.

Ed & Jacquie

I am in shock - as I check the forum probably2 or 3 times a week and came across this very sad news. Never met Andrew, but received a PM from him (the first time from anyone on the forum) where he had read one of my comments and offered his caring thoughts and reply - and I remember thinking to myself; "this is a very special person", and after that always looked forward to any of his writings.

Clearly Andrew was special to many many people, and he touched their lives in special ways. Hang in there Sherri. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Jay

Didn't know Andrew personally, but like many here, enjoyed his post and pics very much. Sorry to here the sad news.

Mike

Andrew's probably goofing with TC.. " your the new guy Bob, ya gotta tell WC to change outta that gay Yamaha shirt "..or something like that...

OV-1.jpg

Love of his life......

OV-2.jpg

How many times have we seen this, and the results in his Ride Reports......

OV-3.jpg

On the road in the Wild West........

OV-4.jpg

Doing what he loved........

OV-6.jpg

Even under his helmet you knew he was giving you a big goofy Andrew grin......

OV-7.jpg

Fly on my sweet brother....

OV-5.jpg

Till we meet again...........

OV-8.jpg

Sherri,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have never met either of you, but over time felt that I knew you both through this forum.

They say you can tell a lot about a man by what his friends say. After reading through these ten pages, no one could doubt what a special

couple Andrew and Sherri are.

I have tasted the bitter fruit you are now having to endure, and all I can say is that it will slowly get better.

The wonderful memories you two made together will always be a comfort and blessing to you.

To anyone else reading this; Never pass up the chance to tell and show your loved ones how much you love them.

Sometimes there is no tomorrow.

John

I knew I had picked the right bike, the first time I saw the O'FJR avatar.

Funny how certain things stick with you. Every time I see redwoods, I see a blue FJR, poised for greatness.

My sympathies to all.....

V

I just had to add one of my own... in memory.

p739112163-2.jpg

On the way back to Park City, UT from Jackson, WY... just before a nice high-speed run and about an hour before the monsoon began.

Status
Not open for further replies.