We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away from the forum since this weekend and am stunned by all this. I've been very upset for a couple hours, but let me just say belatedly that no words can express how liked, respected and enjoyable Andrew was to this community. Words fail to express both our sorrow and our sympathies for Sherri. There will be a "missing man" sentiment at future events for some time to come. Be at peace, brother, we will carry on doing that which we all love.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on the Pashnit site last night - Very sad indeed. Andrew was a fine young man and was loved by all that ever read his ride reports.

very sad news. my prayers are with andrew's family. i never met him in person, but bought a seat from him a few months ago. i used to live not too far from him in sacto and now live in co close to other family of his. i was hoping we could ride together here in co. we will miss the ride reports and photos, but orangevalefjr will live on in our hearts.

I've been trying to read, absorb, comprehend and deal with this news for close to three days now.

I've been out to sea on a US Navy ship, sharing with 1000 people, what seems to amount to a dial-up Internet connection.

We finally pulled into San Diego today and I have some real bandwidth to read how much Andrew met to us all.

San Diego is where I first "almost" met Andrew.

I had just purchased my 2005 FJR and was itching to go for a ride anytime/anyplace when I see a post from some guy I don't know with a blue FJR like mine parked in the land of "big trees" What a cool picture :)

We start trading some PM's and I find he is down here on business, staying in Long Beach and wants someone to show him some local San Diego roads.

I quickly come up with an urgent "Dental Appointment" to get out of the office and on the road I go to meet Andrew up in Long Beach.

Since I was new to California and not yet 100% ok with "lane sharing" especially with bags on I was taking it a little easier than I do today and got behind by about 20 minutes and missed our ride. We remembered passing each other on a 6 lane freeway and each thinking "I wonder if that is him", as I found out later in future emails and PM's.

I later met up with him at WFO-06 for a face to face meeting, what a great person to do check-ins!

Always loved his posts and chatting about various millitary stories, tried to help him track down a buddy of his in Italy...

Lot's of good memories in such a short period of time.

I wish I could make the memorial service.

Ride on Andrew, see you later

I've been away from the forum for a while. To Andrews Family his wife and children are deepest sympathy's for the lose. Never met Andrew but he was the first one to welcome me to this forum. We will see you on the other side my Friend.

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew and Sherri on a few occasions in conjunctions with NorCal rides. Mad Mike introduced me to the NorCal gang. Unfortunately, due to my almost total loss of hearing I was unable to follow much of the conversations while having breakfast..However I took great delight in watching Andrew's face light up the place with his smile! I also read his ride reports and marveled at his photographs. I wish I had known him longer and had been able to "talk" to him more. However, his talent and passion will remain with me as I review his "art" on this forum.

God's speed Andrew, till we meet again. May God bring peace and comfort to Sherri and his family.

LC

I am deeply saddened to hear this news of Andrew. In ways big and small, Andrew's life changed our world and left it a better place. He touched too many hearts to ever be forgotten and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to meet him last summer in Park City. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of his dear friends and family.

Lisa

Graham, thank you for sharing these. Bits of my friend I hadn't seen but very much enjoy.

Tinker

Thanks for posting that link, Graham. Gives me a bit more insight to the man that I did not know about before...

In nearly every one of those old pictures, even when he was just a scrawny 2 year old, he had that big O'vale grin plastered across his face.

I don't know how I missed this before today. I've been sitting here reading every post honoring him, and I can't recall a time when I've grieved more for someone I had never met. I recall how much I enjoyed his posts, in particular his comments responding to my post about dual sport bikes. My deepest sympathies to Sherri, his children, and to his brother Graham. It is obvious Andrew had a profound impact on everyone on this forum, whether they had actually met him in person or not. Rest in peace Andrew. Chris

Wow, what great pictures. What great memories you must have. Thank you for posting those.

Hi All,
I hope you all enjoy these pictures as much as we've enjoyed yours.

Click on any thumbnail to bring up a larger image.

Take care all - and again, thanks for all your amazing support.

https://www.idledale.com/_sgg/m3_1.htm

The Knight Family
What a great collection of images!

I have also taken a collection of the photos and such from here (this forum) that Andrew took, others took, etc. and have created an album for his memory. A lot of these were scattered around in different imageshack or photobucket accounts, along with his memorable 680 mile ride up north which was loaded with some fantastic images. (https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=27447&st=0)

The album that I put together can be found here: https://www.pcpotato.com/gallery/Andrew-Knight

I do my own hosting, so that link will work pretty much for ever and ever, amen.

If there are other images, photos, etc. that you have and would like to see or have added to the gallery, please send them to me via email at quads /at/ pcpotato dot com.

Rest in peace my friend-

You will be surely missed, but never forgotten.

Well that explains some things.

Andrew was the youngest. Everybody loves the youngest.

Everybody loves the youngest.

Thanks so much for the pictures. The smiles throughout the family define you all. Thousands of smiles are coming back at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.