Weight Distribution

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weighed mine with a heavy duty person scale.

I raised the opposite end to match the height of the scale and with ~1/3 tank of fuel, no hard bags.

Front weight: 302 lb / 137 kg

Rear weight: 284 lb / 129 kg

Total weight: 586 lb / 266 kg

Accuracy not guaranteed, YMMV :)

I raised the opposite end to match the height of the scale and with ~1/3 tank of fuel, no hard bags.
Front weight: 302 lb / 137 kg

Rear weight: 284 lb / 129 kg

Total weight: 586 lb / 266 kg

Thanks fjrinbc. I was just curious. Not being a racer or a super agressive rider I just wondered where the most weight was. Somehow it feels a bit more comfortable (to me anyway) to lean forward in the twisties during spirited riding.

Anyone else care to comment?

Somehow it feels a bit more comfortable (to me anyway) to lean forward in the twisties during spirited riding. Anyone else care to comment?
Depends on whether you mean that you feel more comfortable leaning forward more or if the bike corners better. For handling, it often depends on how your body mass is distributed (upper/lower body). Take two people weighing the same and measure weight distribution of a bike with each. You'll typically find a percentage difference front to rear. That'll have an impact on handling.

hope that helps,

Bruno

Montreal, Canada

https://pages.videotron.com/mcrides

Last edited by a moderator: