Well.... I have time now.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelvininin

Reaction score
Well I was laid off last Tuesday. The company I was working for cut 20% of the "force."

If you have any light maintenance items tended to, or tires changes, etc outside of tech day, I have a shop and time.

Damn, hate to see this. I guess if there's a silver lining to the whole situation at least it's coming into the warm part of the year.

Damn, hate to see this. I guess if there's a silver lining to the whole situation at least it's coming into the warm part of the year.

+2

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that just sucks Kevin. Having just done a 5 week unemployment stint earlier this year myself, I can empathize.

I hope you have as understanding of a wife as I have. The more I told her I was retired, the more she nagged me. She's such a motivator.
smile.png

You'll find something soon.

Ditto from TripperMike; I was out of work for four weeks this spring. Keep your spirits and your head up, and look for what's coming: something good.

Kelvin - sorry to hear that. What kind of work do you do? Maybe someone on the board knows someone.

I wish I wasn't so far away. I might hire you to install a cruise control on my '06.

Joe

That's really bad news. Sorry to hear about this. As much as work sucks sometimes, or most of the time, it sure is hard to go without a pay check.

I hope you find something soon.

Went through that myself in 2015. Won't say how long I went without work as I don't want to depress you.
rolleyes.gif
I ultimately changed career paths entirely (for much less money), but thankfully along about the same time my wife got a finance director position at a private school and we're doing OK. Maybe look at this as an opportunity to try something new, if feasible. Good luck!!!!

Goddamn. If you didn't live in Russia I'd bring some maintenance and coin. And company, of course. Hang in there.

Kevin, that just plain sucks. But with your skill sets and educational background. You will soon be back on your feet in no time. Perhaps, the man upstairs has bigger plans for you. Which requires your full and undivided attention. Enjoy the time with both mama and the kids. That's priceless.

Kelvin - sorry to hear that. What kind of work do you do? Maybe someone on the board knows someone.
I wish I wasn't so far away. I might hire you to install a cruise control on my '06.

Joe
I have a degree in chemical engineering, with a lot of process engineering experience and a little control system engineering experience. I am trying to nail down something more on the process side of things. In an ideal world I would like to find a process engineer gig that also does controls.

I am not looking for any money at this point. I just like turning wrenches. So if anyone had some work to be done, or needs a farkle installed. I am available. Electrical work isn't a problem either. I have the pro level crimpers and can wield a soldering iron.

Well, dang.

BTDT. I was out for 15 months. It, quite frankly, sucked ass cheese.

Keep moving. Keep doing something. Never stop moving.

That's all I have to say aboot that.

I have a degree in chemical engineering, with a lot of process engineering experience and a little control system engineering experience. I am trying to nail down something more on the process side of things. In an ideal world I would like to find a process engineer gig that also does controls.
Thought about relocating? Most of the process folks down thisaway are involved in pulp and paper. NC, SC, northern FL, and LA (Lower Alabama) have all the paper-making plants. They make a lot of Coca-Cola syrup and Clorox products on the south side of Atlanta. PM me if I can help.

The riding season around here lasts from early September to late July. All year 'round if you can can survive in mesh gear. Must be able to dodge fallen bridges and holes in Interstate highways.

I was lucky all the years I worked in a couple of different professions (Engineering and Software). I did lots of independent contracting and direct employment for numerous firms. Only once was I laid off and I maneuvered myself into that position, as it was clearly a quickly death-spiraling dot-com company in late 2000. I worked for them for 5 weeks and got 6 weeks severance. Lined up another position 4 days later, but deferred starting for a couple of weeks so I could get some time off.
punk.gif

Of course some professions and locations are more amenable to this sort of freedom.
rolleyes.gif

Many of us been there, done that. Just remember that this means you can hit other opportunities.

My wife was a process engineer and is a chemical engineer. Lots of project management and she currently manages the process managers. Are you going to be at tech day today? Look for a big doofy looking guy named Paul.

Wait a minute, a chemical engineer that is also mechanical? C'mon, your kidding me right?

We're dying for machinists, but we have some other positions open as well. Nice and close to home for you (anoka) www.cretexcompanies.com

Latest posts