Well, I'm a new member of the club

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLS

Reaction score
2008, 14k miles, zero scratches, and I'm in love. :love:

I expect that I'll be an active participant here.

First thing I noticed on the ride home......NEEDS MIRRORS. Can't see anything.

468481_10150977196882533_628172532_11816605_541136565_o.jpg

Welcome to the asylum. Either mirror extenders or Yammy F1 mirrors. I found F1's on sleaze-bay for like $30 delivered. They're not perfect, but I can see beyond my shoulders.

Baz

Welcome to the asylum. Either mirror extenders or Yammy F1 mirrors. I found F1's on sleaze-bay for like $30 delivered. They're not perfect, but I can see beyond my shoulders.

Baz
If you're gonna buy FZ1 mirrors, spend the extra and buy the OEM 2005 mirrors. 90% or better of those that have bought the cheap knockoff versions have hated them and ended up buying OEMs anyway.

Nice bike BTW...

Yeah, the knock=offs start sagging 3 or 4 minutes after being installed, and I'm told they don't fold like the genuine item.

Welcome!

OK, I give up. What the heck are those big chrome things - police sirens, fans?

Al.
thank you! the other gentleman was correct, they are speakers (and they work quite well).

Welcome!

OK, I give up. What the heck are those big chrome things - police sirens, fans?

Al.
Speakers? :huh:

And to BLS, may I suggest in addition to FZ1 mirrors or mirror extenders also consider installing frame sliders?

Happy trails!
Thanks. Sliders are one of the things I plan on putting on. My wish list is already too big for my wallet. :lol:

Baz
If you're gonna buy FZ1 mirrors, spend the extra and buy the OEM 2005 mirrors. 90% or better of those that have bought the cheap knockoff versions have hated them and ended up buying OEMs anyway.

Nice bike BTW...
Thanks for the heads up!

thank you. I really like it. rode it to work today and have the feeling it's going to be an everyday affair.