West Virginia Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaholic

Reaction score
WV Spring Ramble- Make your reservations

I've reserved 10 rooms at the Day Inn and Suites, Bridgeport, WV for this event. The dates will be meet Friday, June 16 at 5:00 at the hotel, ride Sat/Sun and check out Monday June 19. They do have more rooms available if we go beyond 10 rooms. PM your buddies before registration if you want to save cash and share a room with double beds. I'll call into the hotel to expand the rooms if needed.

That Friday is the same day that the STN ride near Snowshoe ends. We'll be able to ride as a group from Snowshoe to the hotel via backroads, and probably have a lot of time to see something along the way.

Here the website for details and directions to the hotel:

https://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...86&brandInfo=DI

This hotel is really the only decent one in the area that doesn't cost $90+. Others are closer to dinner or cheaper, but they are dark, dingy, and utterly depressing. We'll have to ride or walk about a 1/2 mile for dinner. There are several good, clean restaurants to choose from as well as a Walmart nearby.

You'll have two choices in rooms at less than the AAA discount rate:

Standard- $60 a night. Nothing special about the room. Choice of king or 2 double beds Smoking or non.

Suite- Larger bathroom, refridgerator, coffee maker, ironing board, and microwave included. Choice of king or two double beds.Smoking or non.

Deluxe continental breakfast included for all room types. There is also the only indoor pool in the area here. The breakfast sounded pretty good including homemade waffles, fruits, tea/coffee/bagles, danishes, etc. If this is not appealing, there is a Bob Evans and Dennys closeby.

Call 304-842-7371 to make a reservation. Use the group buy code: FJR RAMBLE for discounted room rates. Also please PM me that you are coming so I know to look for you. There will be no offical registration, no t-shirts/door prizes...just FJR owners who like to ride.

I do not have a full ride route planned as of yet, but I have ridden the area several times and know my way around . In fact, I may not know the exact route until that day as I didn't want to duplicate too much of the routes from the STN event. Not knowing what they are yet, it's tough to determine our route. No worries ...I know the area well enough to plan on the fly if needed. Even if we do duplicate some, I bet no one will care one bit as these are absolutely stellar roads that you will want to ride again and again.

We'll be crossing the Mongahala and George Washington Nat'l Forests, as well as the Alleghany, Shenandoa, and other mountain ranges. Look at a relief map...these are the largest mountains on the east coast. There are several 12+% grades, hundreds of mountain switchbacks, and quite a few scenic overlooks to keep us entertained.

This will likely be the last ramble I'll plan for awhile. Let's make this one a fun, memorable, and above all safe trip!

Any questions? PM me or post 'em!

reservations made... minus Sunday night. I'm hoping to be home by dark Sunday evening. Definitely looking forward to this event. See all soon.

Heidi

I'm booked Friday through to Monday

I'm also attending the ST.N national earlier that week so I might see some of you there as well :clap:, you should be able to spot my bike (05 ABS) as I have large red reflector patches on the back of the bags with a couple of dragon stickers on top of those.

Chris

I scheduled the days off from work (Friday and Monday), so I guess I'm serious. I haven't reserved the room yet.

I'll be at the ST.N meet as well.

Can't miss me either..I wear the hi-viz aerostitch suite on an '03, Ohio plate MYFJR

Yamaholic, how do you feel about a non-FJR joiner joining in on the Ramble?

A guy over on st.net asked if anyone was staying in the area (WV) for the rest of the weekend. I expressed my intentions in attending the Ramble & he expressed interest in joining us.

I'm figuring that you're thinking... the more the merrier!

Also, the guy lives in Virginia Beach... right down the road from me. We'll probably be hooking up to ride out to the st.net national.

Heidi

Yamaholic, how do you feel about a non-FJR joiner joining in on the Ramble?
I see no problem there whatsoever. Any ST'er will prolly fit right in with the likes of us. :agent: Yep, the more the merrier!

Good to hear. I figured as much but thought that I should ask.

BUMP?! We aint gettin' interest in this ride?!?!? My a$$ is gonna' be there fo' sho'. Reservations made months ago. I'm bringing "at least one" other rider with me, too & possibly more. Gonna' bring another woman on a VFR to mix things up.

I cannot wait to be cuttin' up some WV mountains. I'm planning on st.net's national & this ride, too.

Have camera, will ride. You guys are gonna' be animated, right? I'm a pikkie taker from hell! I'll be upset if ya'll aren't animated!

Also, I've spread the word amongst other FJR folks. Hoping for some turn out... I'll be taking pictures of them too!

Oh, BTW... you won't be able to miss me either. I'll be the only chick on an '04 silver unless some other person of the female persuasion rears their mountain riding head.

See ya' then!

Heidi

PS... Yamaholic, you will be stopping for scenic rests, right? Please say YES! Me likie those! More chances for pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't quick enough to get in on the S/T net meet but I am seriously thinking about this one.

Besides this is a weekend meet.

Is there still rooms left?

I wasn't quick enough to get in on the S/T net meet but I am seriously thinking about this one.
Besides this is a weekend meet.

Is there still rooms left?
PM Yamaholic & ask him about the rooms. Also, pretty sure that if you came out to the st.net meet I seriously don't think that they'd turn you away. My friend Jeff is tentatively planning on going to the National & he isn't registered, either. You'd probably lose out on the room discounts, though... & probably lose out on door prizes & T-shirts... but other than that you'd probably be golden.

Looking forward to meeting you & taking your picture for my virtual scrapbook,

Heidi

Alright, everyone! This is starting to shape up! Thanks for the PM's. We should have at least 7 riders as of now. More will be filterering in from STN as well.

Between the STN and the RAMBLE ( :yahoo: ), my tires should be down to cords!! :fans:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, everyone! This is starting to shape up! Thanks for the PM's. We should have at least 7 riders as of now. More will be filterering in from STN as well.
Between the STN and the RAMBLE ( :yahoo: ), my tires should be down to cords!! :fans:
Ahhh, the ol' tires... I just put new tires on my bike less than two weeks ago. Went to visit slapnpop down in Johnson City this past weekend to do a little EOM scouting. My new rear tire is just this side of the fence from de-chicken stripped. And Mr. Holic, Please be careful about shaggin' tires too badly.

Really? We only have 7 riders so far? Is it cool if I make a post up on st.net about the Ramble? Bet we'd have takers!

Heidi

Really? We only have 7 riders so far? Is it cool if I make a post up on st.net about the Ramble? Bet we'd have takers!

Heidi

Yep, I already posted to STN, after much delay due to various issues (some computer related, some my own laziness to fix it). See "who's staying until Friday" thread. By all means, make yourself known there that you will attend, I think it would be fun to have others come.

You still bringing a coupla friends?

I do expect a few more to trickle in as it's often hard to commit until last minute.

Well, off to the Smokies tomorrow to slay the dragon :2handed_rune:

Heidi

Yep, I already posted to STN, after much delay due to various issues (some computer related, some my own laziness to fix it). See "who's staying until Friday" thread. By all means, make yourself known there that you will attend, I think it would be fun to have others come.

You still bringing a coupla friends?

I do expect a few more to trickle in as it's often hard to commit until last minute.

Well, off to the Smokies tomorrow to slay the dragon :2handed_rune: