WFO Big Dog ride route

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

Sounds like a great ride. I would like to get in on it, maybe on the second group? Will there be signup sheets for the various rides out of Reno, first come first served?

Bill

I sure like the makeup of the group as it is, but in the interest of team play, I'd be willing to drop back and lead the second group if that's what's needed due to the amount of riders interested.

Because I'm only riding a short distance to WFO (about 2300 miles :D )....if you need another sweep I'll be more than happy to volunteer....1) because I'll be 2 up...(5 tenths max)....2) I do it up here @ home on rides & track days all the time....just because it's not home turf.....that's not a reason not to offer a helping hand.... :clapping:

I sure like the makeup of the group as it is, but in the interest of team play, I'd be willing to drop back and lead the second group if that's what's needed due to the amount of riders interested.

Good man TC ! and with over 300 peeps registered, I think more than a few team leaders will be wise.

What if 100 riders decided to do Ebbets that day? !! OMG !!!

BTW folks, this is not a ride for someone that just got back into riding, or from the flats of the midwest and you never seen a twistie before, or ya just came off of a HD from Florida, or you old lady don't like steep dropoff edges of the road... just a friendly warning so no-one bites off to much. B) We just don't want any "incidents "in the middle of nowhere! :D

If Highlander is able to ride, he could lead a group....but he'd have to leave a well marked trail so they could follow. Not many could keep up with Mr. Smooth. :D

If Highlander is able to ride, he could lead a group....but he'd have to leave a well marked trail so they could follow. Not many could keep up with Mr. Smooth. :D

Well, if the Great and Glorious Highlander (will he come out from behind that curtain?) is going to lead, I'll follow provided he warns of a sudden drop in elevation... Especially, if we're clipping along a ton thirty. :eek: :blink: :D

Yah shure, youuu betcha'! BUT, I've followed (repeat: followed...at a great and expanding distance) him up highway 108. Eye stands bye mye original post on the matter. :D

I'm not riding out from Ottawa and missing this.

Another 2up so have to take it 5 or 6 tenths.

Chris

Well, how 'bout we segregate the first two groups into solo pilots and couples? The solo pilots (8 max) could take off about five minutes ahead and the couples group (or next eight) would probably never see 'em, at least until we gather 'round the watering hole many hours later, amazed, spent and thirsty....

If more than 16 bikes sign up we could take it from there as it develops.

Don't forget, there are several other great rides already slated for attendees.

I'm saving Saturday hopin' to get out to the track!

I'm riding solo as well, unless some supermodel wants to ride pillon and has gear...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm riding solo as well, unless some supermodel wants to ride pillon and has gear...
Both can be rented locally....
I updated the rosters on my first post in this thread. Everybody check and make sure you're in the right group.