What a ride! What a day! 2 up for almost 200 miles - nice :)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...as for her snapping pics while riding, well, negotiations have begun, but it's far to early to tell if I'll be successful. At the moment, we agree that if photos were to be snapped during rides, it would be best if I not be the one taking them. This does not mean the passenger is agreeing to taking snap shots, but we are, I feel, at least to this point, headed in a common direction on the topic - that the person in control of the velocette should not also be the shutter bug. ;)
I suspect that future snaps may require the dreaded "stop, dismount, rummage for camera, snap, remount, proceed" procedure. I do not view this as a horrific event, however, as the point is to relax and enjoy the day.
If you want her to take pictures, all you need to do is introduce her to AuburnFJR and his wife and they'll make sure she's corrupted. ;)

After my wife and I talked with that dynamic duo at the bike show and learned how she takes pictures off the back of the bike with a nice Canon DSLR camera, my wife insisted on getting a nice Canon Rebel for Christmas. Now she's ready to go with her new toy!

BTW, I've done some pics with a compact camera hanging off my neck while riding, but it's tough to get good shots while also piloting the bike. It would be MUCH easier being the co-pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I've done some pics with a compact camera hanging off my neck while riding, but it's tough to get good shots while also piloting the bike. It would be MUCH easier being the co-pilot.
Not that difficult with a sub-compact hanging around the neck !

Blue Ridge Parkway

689779532_EAEpE-M.jpg

On 129 to Deal's Gap

689709617_TJVmf-M.jpg

And I have MANY more like that. Sheesh ....just think what I could with both hands :p

Not that difficult with a sub-compact hanging around the neck !

Blue Ridge Parkway

689779532_EAEpE-M.jpg

On 129 to Deal's Gap

689709617_TJVmf-M.jpg

And I have MANY more like that. Sheesh ....just think what I could with both hands :p
Nice pictures! It must be a woman thing, because my pictures never turn out that good. :D

I'll let my wife handle the photographer duties because if good pictures can be taken with one woman's hand, her 2 hands should get National Geographic knocking on our door wanting to buy copies. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: