What are the odds??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_W

Reaction score
Left Natchez, MS this morning headed to Asheville, NC.

Stopped at a Shell station in Lebanon, TN to get gas & piss - imagine that, another '07 FJR was getting gas.

Turned out the rider (Eddie) was from Oregon and over visiting family in the Asheville area and had ventured over to Nashville for the day.

While we are sitting there BSing, up pulls Rich on his '06 FJR. Rich is a local out for a ride.

5 minute boring gas stop turned into a 30 minute BS session. Great times!

And just for an FYI - I averaged 45-48 (calculated) mpg over the last 770 miles.

Its a strange but happy brotherhood (no sexism intended to our riding sisters). I did a 3800 mile trip from Memphis to NM, CO, WY, SD and back and came across a number of our clan it was always a pleasant experience. Much like a fraternity or a club, feels like you know them as soon as helmets come off and names/cities are exchanged. 42 mpg overall on my trip last month.

Its a strange but happy brotherhood ......and came across a number of our clan it was always a pleasant experience....
Very true. ( With a few Northern California exceptions.)

RogHYCLEMM2Bokerfork-1.jpg

Hey, it's Rich here - the one in your story. I haven't been on the fjrfroum in a long time and decided to visit again since you mentioned it yesterday. Low and behold I find your post!

One rider from the West coast, one from the East coast, one from the Central; meeting by chance in a small town in TN. Timing is everything. It may not seem like much, but you just don't find these bikes on every street corner so it was very cool to bump into each other. I didn't notice you guys were riding FJRs and I first thought you were traveling together. It wasn't until after I heard some words aimed at me :clapping: did I realize the common ride. Nice meeting you.

Great weekend for riding. I got out on the other bike today and put a few miles on it!

Ride on!

BlueJet

Rich - It was good to meet ya!

Eddie and I rode on for another gas stop. I ended up getting a room in Dandridge, TN and he kept on heading East.

I finally made it back up to Norfolk, VA around 11:00PM last night after spending several hours in Asheville. Some really good roads around your area.

Don't be a stranger on the forums.