What do you store under the seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standard FJR survival kit contents: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Shoot! A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard FJR survival kit contents: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Or a really "special" date with Bust.

Great thread. Just ordered a Slime compressor and patch kit to add to my stash.

+1 on having a little bit of cash in there. One day I left the house to quickly return a DVD. Was nice out so I continued on up to the lake. That was a nice ride so I rode out into the country. It was at the point that my low fuel light came on 80 miles from the house that I realized I never grabbed my wallet on the way out to the video store. I literally had to pan-handle for a couple of gallons of gas at the Texaco. Very demoralizing!

Brilliant!! Just a small spelling mistake. I believe it was a "Rooshin" phrase book.

Brilliant!! Just a small spelling mistake. I believe it was a "Rooshin" phrase book.
I don't know about where you live, but that's how the word "Russian" is pronounced 'round heah.

. . . I realized I never grabbed my wallet on the way out to the video store. I literally had to pan-handle for a couple of gallons of gas at the Texaco. Very demoralizing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: On the way down to Big Sur a couple weeks back, I had a guy walk up at the gas pump with a sad story about how he left his wallet on his parents' dresser that morning after he passed through, and could I lend him money for gas? Since he was wearing a thousand dollar CyclePort suit, I thought he might be good for it, so I agreed (hey, I might have anyway). He'd parked his bike at the gas station across the street and when he pulled up, he was riding an FJR! Turned out he was on the forum, too. To protect the innocent, I'm not saying who it was--anyway he sent the dough as promised. Nice, about the brotherhood of the forum--or riders in general, though. (So was it a rider who helped you out?)

Or a really "special" date with Bust.
Or a really "average" date with RadioHowie!

. . . I realized I never grabbed my wallet on the way out to the video store. I literally had to pan-handle for a couple of gallons of gas at the Texaco. Very demoralizing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: On the way down to Big Sur a couple weeks back, I had a guy walk up at the gas pump with a sad story about how he left his wallet on his parents' dresser that morning after he passed through, and could I lend him money for gas? Since he was wearing a thousand dollar CyclePort suit, I thought he might be good for it, so I agreed (hey, I might have anyway). He'd parked his bike at the gas station across the street and when he pulled up, he was riding an FJR! Turned out he was on the forum, too. To protect the innocent, I'm not saying who it was--anyway he sent the dough as promised. Nice, about the brotherhood of the forum--or riders in general, though. (So was it a rider who helped you out?)

I only approached other bikes. I offered to mail anyone a check for $20 if they put 2 gallons in. A guy on a Kawa just said "Dude, fill it up and pass on the good will" I put 2 gallons in and regained my faith in humanity. He refused to give me an address to mail a check. Pretty cool!

Items under my seat:

Aerostich Pump

Leatherman tool

Slime tubeless tire repair tools

LED Flashlight

Small First Aid kit

$10 bill

Bag of small assorted tools

Spare fuses

Owner's Manual

Registration

Insurance Card

PCIII, nothing else. With a Corbin Smuggler and 2 side bags, I don't need to dick with under seat storage.