What do you think about this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cop is guilty of following to closely...he got aggressive and bullied the biker....he gets to get back in police car and go about his business without being charged or investigated. Bet he was smiling all the way back to the station.

If I were that Cop's supervisor, I'd write him a shit load of reprimands. The cop was in the wrong over the entire time. The biker though doing all to the book for his safety fell for the typical dull making queued traffic trap and also not giving himself enough space, to foresee that a car might want to cut in to his lane.

But the cop than coming a long with the badge and ticket BS sandwich takes the winner on that one. He was #1 slot of that crash not the biker, because not just the rules as given later sates, you have to leave enough room to the vehicle in front of you, in driver's ed it's called safety distance, numbnuts COP, meaning you should give the vehicle in front of you at least one sec distance at a speed slower than 20 miles per hour....

V

RPK

Up in our neck of the woods if you rear-end anyone you are guilty regardless of circumstances. If you are in a line of cars and you get hit in the back driving you into the car in front of you, you are guilty.

Was there property damage involved? In car/bike get togethers normally *bad things* happen.

When you are absolutely wrong, you are embarrassed, and if you are likely to get punished -- ATTACK!!! (No matter how stupid it makes you look.) The rider already had the accident on camera, the cop knew it was game over before he even opened his mouth. Someone needs to send his PD a link to the video
whistle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope that rider contacted an attorney to make the PD pay for any damages, including punitively, because it was a clear case of police intimidation bordering on Extortion. Had the motorcyclist argued with the LEO, he would have undoubtedly called for back-up which would have resulted in the motorcyclist being arrested and trumped up charges implied in order to eliminate any responsibility of the LEO.

As a test the motorcyclist could have responded in this manner "You dumb shit, don't you know how to drive? How can you enforce traffic laws when you are the worst offender! I think I need immediate medical attention and a good attorney to represent me in a court of law. Officer, I would like to request that your immediate superior be immediately notified of this situation because I want a non-biased report taken that my lawyer will most likely need when we appear in court, because I feel neck and back pains coming on, I think I may have suffered a severe whip-lash"!

Then the LEO would have commenced to beat the living shit out of him, swearing up & down the motorcyclist had possession of a weapon.

How many of you that go to work at night wear a camera like this rider? At night, think about it... And in <15 mph traffic, how exciting can that video be? Right off, I can't think of any music that could save that video clip
laugh.png

Perhaps something else may have been going on here. I'M NOT DEFENDING THE COP, but questioning the rider and full disclosure.

<eyeroll>

Strong with some, the conspiracy force is....yes!

</eyeroll>

yoda.png

My predictions:

A "claim" will be paid on this one (assuming the motorcycle was actually damaged).

A letter of reprimand on the cop's file for some marginal judgement...he could have handled it better and differently.

A local news report too.

But, more annoyingly....a whole lot of internet diarrhea from anonymous armchair quarterbacks that weren't there, think they know everything from one camera, and/or feel jilted about a cop experience they've had....but won't disclose because it undermines their high and mighty pronouncements about life.

How many of you that go to work at night wear a camera like this rider? At night, think about it... And in <15 mph traffic, how exciting can that video be? Right off, I can't think of any music that could save that video clip
laugh.png

Perhaps something else may have been going on here. I'M NOT DEFENDING THE COP, but questioning the rider and full disclosure.
i believe if you look ahead,hes in vegas heading for the strip.lots to see and record.just maqybe ?

Yeah...Don't know what their policies are there, but if that had been me or one of my guys, we woulda had to call the traffic unit and the Lieutenant. Damage or not because of liability and this guy possibly pulling a BigD and claiming injuries that don't exist.

Even before making an ass of himself on video, if it was here, he'd be facing discipline. Oops.

i believe if you look ahead,hes in vegas heading for the strip.lots to see and record.just maqybe ?
In the words from the guy that made the video:

It was a brisk February evening. I was headed to work at Planet Hollywood. Inside there is a dance club called Gallery Nightclub. My nightly route to work is usually smooth, but that night there were two events letting out and the other just getting started. So, as you can imagine, it was bumper to bumper traffic all the way into work. Moving at a crawl of 5mph to 15mph. ...I turn my head and LVMPD cruiser gave me a love tap. Really!?!...He was on full on Judge Dredd mode...

I recognized that stretch of road...it can be very congested, depending on what's happening on the Strip...

Bottom line, camera or no, cop or no, the car was following the bike too closely. Slow traffic like that is when someone is most likely to stop abruptly.