When I grow up...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redtail

Reaction score
A young boy went up to his Father and said "Dad, when I grow up, I want to be an Alcoholic."

The Dad just shook and hung his head and said....

I'm sorry Son, but you can't do both!

So glad I gave that stuff up 36 years ago. I'll never touch another drop of it. However, growing up... that's another story. Still working on that one.

Gary

darksider #44

FWIW, I greatly respect you guys that realized you were having issues and took steps to prevent further downfall. That takes a Hellavua lot of dedication, strength and willpower! I don't know anyone who has made that journey and not fallen a few times.

Zilla,

So said, "I don't know anyone..." Now you do. I won't bore you with a long story (you know how long winded I can get) but in 1977, I started going to a little Baptist church in Pontiac Michigan. From that moment forward, everything changed. Every time I look in the mirror, I need to remember to look up and say thank you. I may never be the man I'd like to be, but thank God I'll never be again... what I used to be.

Gary