Where to buy a soda in LA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khunajawdge

Toto El Mundo!
Reaction score
www.galcos.com

Saw a Huell Howser special on public TV last night featuring this place. Next time I'm in Highland Park I'm going to make a point of stopping in. Ever had a cucumber or celery soda before? The sasparillas, flavored waters and over 600 microbrews make this a place of one-time shopping.

No, I'm not affiliated with this company, I just thought it looked like an interesting departure point before a ride up and over the Angel's Crest Highway.

This report brought to you by KJ, near the coast in California.

We're headed to California next week for a trip to DisneyLand (puke) and a stop to see some relatives. We may just stop by this place just to check it out. I bet my girls would love it. Haha...

600 microbrews sounds like a good start.

Check out Beers of the World in Rochester, NY. They have a super-market sized store full of imported, domestic and micros. They have so many different beers available I don't think they bother to count anymore, though they do say 1500 (round numbers I'm sure) on the web site. I always make it a point to stop in and spend too much money when I'm passing through.

Don't think they have much soda though...
rolleyes.gif

600 microbrews sounds like a good start.
Check out Beers of the World in Rochester, NY. They have a super-market sized store full of imported, domestic and micros. They have so many different beers available I don't think they bother to count anymore, though they do say 1500 (round numbers I'm sure) on the web site. I always make it a point to stop in and spend too much money when I'm passing through.
Fred -

This place you mentioned in Rochester NY has a real nice index for imports. There are a few 12% ales and stouts as well as occasional 13% seasonals. Wasn't aware that imports could be sold here in the US without some adjustment in the alcohol contents?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have missed their "big beer" page. They may tax them as (barley) wines. They sure charge for them as if they were wine.
wink.png

There is another somewhat smaller place in the Albany, NY area called Oliver's Brew Crew. They also claim to have > 1500 beers, but they may be stretching it. If they do have that many they have a lot less of each. I found out about this one because my son went to U Albany and spend a good chunk of his scholarship checks there.

However, I can't complain. As a result of these "studies", he is now a professional brewer. :thumbsup:

Wow, I smell smoke on this page, I DID miss the Big Beer Page.

These caught my eye;

Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Doppelbock

Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg Vorchdorf Austria 14.0%

Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier Helles Doppelbock

Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg Vorchdorf Austria 14.0%

A sip of a beer like these and my ears would be scorched.

If you ever come across it a Belgium beer,Westmalle Dubbel is very nice. Found at better beer stores.

holland%207%20-%20164-L.jpg

holland%207%20-%20165-L.jpg

I've had the Samichlaus. It is good , but I'd rather drink any Westmalle any day.

Oh, and I guess soda is OK, too.

(trying to stay somewhat on-topic)
rolleyes.gif

1500 beers? Pah! I know an INDIVIDUAL who had over 1600 beers. They were all Guiness, though. And it took him almost two weeks. Still, nice going, Beemerdons.
Many thanks SacramentoMike, it is always so very wonderful to be appreciated for my special Fenian Skills!

431878533v8_190x190_Front_padToSquare-true.png