Which fender extender?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All

Here is some good info and a shameless plug. I was one of the original US distributors for the Pyramid Fenda Extenda dating back to 2000 or so. Some of you may remember me from COG ( Concours Owners Group) or the GL1800 world. Plus, I was one of if not the first to have them for this group bsck in 2003 when the FJR came to the US. With that being said, I have sold thousands and installed hundreds and also supplied many to the BMW crowd. For a few reasons, I have not actively sold many since 2010 (head injry, shoulder surgeries and a relocation from PA to TN). I just bought my 2015 ES and don't have any left in stock from the ones I have left.

Here is the good info part. I am not a fan of the small self tapping screws the extenda comes with. I also do not like the glue method as it cannot come off if need be. Once in a while you will break one of these either on the road, in a trailer wheel chock, etc. when that happens you want to remove what is left and replace with a new one. So...I use the supplied double sided tape. I then drill three holes through the fender and extenda and use the black auto interior push type fasteners. They hold great to supplement the tape and look OEM since the black head texture is similar to the extenda itself. If you need to remove, very easy then tape on a new one and drill the new extenda through the existing hole in the stock fender. If you email me at [email protected] I can send you pics of my 06 Gen II done this way.

Shameless plug part: i have a box of brand new extendas for many makes and models preceding 2010 and looking to sell them cheap. $25 including shipping in the US. Email me you year make and model and I will let you know what I have. Tell your friends.

Since I need one for my 2015 ES I am going to order. I would be happy to buy a bunch if there is interest and sell to you all. I seem to recall $35 including shipping is fair price now. Again, email me so as to keep the clutter down here.

Thanks