Which is the correct height of a Laminar Lip above the Windshield?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only not very good thing that i have noticed is that the shape of the Lip doesn't alignment well with the shape of the windshield and the adhesive of the 3M Dual locks it overstressed a bit..
This was the problem with my Cee-Bailey. I contacted Laminar who told me to order the one for the Burgman scooter - fits perfectly!

Al.
kamal,I saw this picture of your bike with the Laminar, i don't remember where..It is really nice!!
good.gif
Maybe this one? I sold this screen to 'odot', replaced it with a shorter Cee-Bailey.

cb3.jpg

Al.

The only not very good thing that i have noticed is that the shape of the Lip doesn't alignment well with the shape of the windshield and the adhesive of the 3M Dual locks it overstressed a bit..
This was the problem with my Cee-Bailey. I contacted Laminar who told me to order the one for the Burgman scooter - fits perfectly!

Al.
kamal,I saw this picture of your bike with the Laminar, i don't remember where..It is really nice!!
good.gif
Maybe this one? I sold this screen to 'odot', replaced it with a shorter Cee-Bailey.

cb3.jpg

Al.
+1

Yes kamal!This is the picture..This Laminar looks to fit perfect on this windshield..!
smile.png

I had the same problem with OEM touring shield, was afraid it would blow the lip away on a motorway. Drilled holes in the middle of the stickers and fastened it with 5 mm bolts/nuts just in case

I had the same problem with OEM touring shield, was afraid it would blow the lip away on a motorway. Drilled holes in the middle of the stickers and fastened it with 5 mm bolts/nuts just in case
This is the best way Enn!But really i wouldn't like to drilling my windshield..

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the Laminar Lip has a about a 1:1 ratio of ugly vs functionality, it's just about as functional as it is ugly
laugh.png
Based on your statement Alan, I sprung for one of these $100 pieces of plastic seeing that since its visual appeal is so low IMO, it should be quite functional.

I'm quite impressed after sticking it to a Cee Bailey's shield!

I have spacers angling the shield back more than stock and I can dial in a very quiet pocket now.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: