Which seats ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RDL has started making a seat with an optional variable speed vibrating butt plug, will keep you and your SO happy.
Why am I always the last to know?! What if the Butt Plug doesn't fit exactly right, will they charge to adjust it, and who pays for the shipping if it has to be resized? Oh, and how many amps does it draw? I cant have it draining power from my tank mounted Bust's Face Hole system...

Electrically heated/powered butt plugs are optional, and require a 10-amp fused circuit. That's to ensure "Day Long" performance.

Another fan of LAAM seats, have them on my FJR and Tenere. Still have a set of OEM comfort seats that I use occasionally, in fact the SO likes the pillion seat better than hers from LAAM.
Be aware with RDL seats, they will sit you 1-1/2" to 2" higher than stock due to their construction. I received this information straight from them when asking about modifying a used seat (which they were unwilling to do unless I ponied up full build cost). If you're inseam challenged, the reach to the ground with an RDL is unacceptable.

--G

I thought you liked mine on the '09 when you took it for a short spin???

Another fan of LAAM seats, have them on my FJR and Tenere. Still have a set of OEM comfort seats that I use occasionally, in fact the SO likes the pillion seat better than hers from LAAM.
Be aware with RDL seats, they will sit you 1-1/2" to 2" higher than stock due to their construction. I received this information straight from them when asking about modifying a used seat (which they were unwilling to do unless I ponied up full build cost). If you're inseam challenged, the reach to the ground with an RDL is unacceptable.

--G
I thought you liked mine on the '09 when you took it for a short spin??
I did, never said I didn't like the way an RDL sits...stopping with just tip-toes or boots swinging in the breeze gets old though!
omg2.gif

--G

I had a RDL on my 04. The stocker on my 13 is HIGHER than that...so I cannot go with the RDL (31" inseam here). With my 04, I would just move forward on the seat when I stopped or moving my body in the curves...but I don't think an RDL will work for me unfortunately. I love my Russell, and I have been the first to speak out about some of LAAMs issues...but I may be forced to go that route...in fact I am forced to go that route...unless I go with someone else.

I thought I remember someone saying that someone else modified stock seats from down south...Spencer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a RDL on my 04. The stocker on my 13 is HIGHER than that...so I cannot go with the RDL (31" inseam here). With my 04, I would just move forward on the seat when I stopped or moving my body in the curves...but I don't think an RDL will work for me unfortunately. I love my Russell, and I have been the first to speak out about some of LAAMs issues...but I may be forced to go that route...in fact I am forced to go that route...unless I go with someone else.
I thought I remember someone saying that someone else modified stock seats from down south...Spencer?
Pick your poison Mark, plenty to choose from...plus your local mom and pop upholstery shop(s).

Bill Mayer

Rick Mayer

Rich's Seats

?????

--G