Who else is working on bike projects this weekend?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not some people clean there bikes after every ride. :clapping: LOL
Why? :huh:

To keep it looking nice. I'm not the ride it all year and never wash it kind.

I have friends that haven't washed there bikes since last season!! LOL

To each their own my two wheeled riding friend.

I will wash my bike when it needs it, after riding through enough bugs, or muddy roads or anytime there has been salt on the road.

But every time you ride it? That's not to keep the bike looking nice. That's because you just like to wash bikes. I don't really...

But you are right... to each their own.

_0050636.jpg

I'm with Fred on washing the Feej.

But wash the 19-year old KLR? bwa hahahahaha!!!

As for weekend projects, I gotta tell about some idiot who truly lucked out at our house. As background, I literally grew up with the tools in my shop, as my Grand-Dad had a machine shop, my Dad kept some of it, and I inherited what he kept.

I've wanted to have a set of crash bars on the KLR so the son could drop the thing without worrying, but that bike sure isn't worth sending TwistedThrottle $300. So I went out & bought a nice length of steel pipe & by Sunday afternoon had it pretty well bent to shape. No kinked corners, it was coming out really great. While I shoulda been wearing all that shop safety stuff, c'mon - it's my place, I was in shorts, it was near 90F out & yada yada yada. My one saving grace was that the pipe was still hot from bending the last corner, so I was wearing a fairly new pair of really heavy welding gloves that hadn't even broken in.

There was a bit of extra material to cut off one end, so I had it clamped in the portable garage work-stand. My left hand was supporting the pipe as the right hand was using a carbide wheel to trim the other end & suddenly that carbide wheel grabbed. I have no idea how/when/why my left hand came up, but all I heard was FWAP as that wheel went part way through the left glove's index finger. You know that feeling when you know something really bad's happened & you don't want to look? Bingo, I was there.

Well, I flipped the glove off and the first sight was blood. Shit shit shit. But in the end, there's just a nice cut across the inside of the knuckle & in the scheme of things, it's just a really deep scratch. If that glove hadn't been so tough & in the way, there's no doubt in my mind that finger woulda been laying on the floor & I'd be swapping for an AE bike. Shoot, I coulda only ordered nine & a half beers at that point. Dummy. As-is, it was just a wake-up call.

So I guess, as Patriot writes, let's be safe out there. B)

Checks

I'm currently in the planning stages of rigging up some type of pump and resevoir with nozzles located above or below my tail section to squirt some type of nasty oily shit all over the windshield of the people that like to tailgate me while putting on make-up and texting, and talking on their cell phones....
Hum.. windshield washer pump with the jets mounted off your lic. plate. Fill the resevoir with brake fluid - it'll take the paint off the car if they let don't clean it up immediately. Or if you in a particular nasty mood, mount an ignitor and fill the jug with gas.

No joke, I used to know somebody who carried around bright orange squirt gun filled with brake fluid and kept it tucked up in the triple tree mess.

MMMMM!! Galfer lines arrived!! :yahoo:

Now who here has the skills to show me how to change these lines out!! LMAO!!!

IMG_4799.jpg

:blink: HMMMM WENT TO THE DEALER, AHH, YES I NEED OIL FOR MY FJR I SAY. HE LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS, SURE THAT WILL BE 4.23 QUARTS NEEDED SO I SAY FINE, IM GONNA NEED 5 SO I HAVE THE EXTRA FOR THE NEXT CHANGE . OK, THATS ALL GOOD TILL HE RAN MY CARD. WHAT THE FUCK??? 86 BUCKS FOR 5 QUARTS?? OK I GUESS ITS FINE ITS FULL SYNTHETIC AND I RUN A K&N FILTER. AND NOW FOR THE NEXT TRICK. IM GONNA PUT ON MY FRAME SLIDERS. ALUM. AND I WRAPPT IT WITH CARBON FIBER AND LOOKS PRETTY SHARP. U CAN HARDLY SEE THEY ARE ON. GOES GOOD W/THE BLACK CHERRY. :yahoo: REMEMBER BOYS AND GIRLS AND CHILDREN OF ALL AGES,...... RUBBER SIDE DOWN!! PIECE

Gee you must have one of those fucked up Cuban computers with no lower case. Guess you could not afford a good computer after paying that much for 5 quarts of oil. Tell ya a secret you can run rotella synth and put 50 down for a computer with lower case. :russian:

I'm currently in the planning stages of rigging up some type of pump and resevoir with nozzles located above or below my tail section to squirt some type of nasty oily shit all over the windshield of the people that like to tailgate me while putting on make-up and texting, and talking on their cell phones....
Seriously. i'm gonna do this with a neat little red button to fire it off like some of the HID set-ups, or garage door set-ups that have been shown here with the little momentary switch located in the existing switch controls.....!

That'll teach 'em you'll see,,, you'll all see. They're the ones that are crazy they are they are,,,... [SIZE=18pt]Grumble[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Grumble[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]grumble[/SIZE] :crazy:

Just put a short piece of coat hanger up front out of sight ya then put a dozen hex nuts on the hanger and if some one is following too close ya take a hex nut off and slyly drop it, does wonders to the windshild and they think your losing parts and back way off.

Latest posts