Who has a Corbin seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Corbin keep you from sliding forward? My issue is the stock seat angles forward. Also it seems the only place that is taking any of the pressure is my tailbone.

I don't care how soft or hard the seat is if it doesn't push me forward and it spreads out my weight across a larger area of my butt.

Will the Corbin accomplish those two things?

I bought a used corbin last year, and it works well for me. It feels like I'm sitting 'in' the seat, rather than on it, and it doesn't push me forward. The Corbin fits my butt contour comfortably. The stock seat is flatter, and I found it became increasingly uncomfortable after about 5 hours of riding. With the Corbin, I can ride all day without issue.

Soon after I purchased the seat, I worked in a lot of neatsfoot oil to soften the leather, so it would more quickly shape itself to my anatomy. I give the leather the same treatment at the start of the season each year, and again about half-way through the riding season.

I have a 30" inseam, and weigh @ 165. I don't have risers, but the bars are set at the most rearward position. I ride mostly solo, and in the 'Yoda' position.

As far as i can tell only a couple of you have 2013 models...i have a corbin canyon dual on my gen 1 and yoko and i both like it, i'm 5'7", 30" inseam...but its a totally different seat and while close, rider position is slightly different...from my butt meter anyway and i only sat on a '13....my '05 seating position shouldn't be the issue...i'd single out the '13 riders, we all can tell ya their hard and you can slide around on 'em a little...your butt may like cushy...every butty different !

I have a Corbin on my 2008 and love it. I too am 5'8" and have a 30" inseam. The slightly lower seat helps me plant my feet a bit more securely on the ground. That was the main reason I got it. I got matching black leather front and pliion seats - look really classy. Having said that, my wife found that the leather surface of the pillion seat caused her to slide around a bit, especially during braking. So, now I ride with the leather Corbin up front and the OEM vinyl covered seat in the back and she's happy. (the leather covered rear Corbin seat sits on a shelf). So, I'd recommend selecting a "stickier" seating surface for the rear seat or order just the front from Corbin.

I have a Corbin on my 2013 and also love it! I am 5'6". Ask for a "nose job" and they will shave the nose (neck of the seat) for you!
smile.png

People either love or hate Corbin seats. As stated above they are very firm and take a long time to break in. I currently have one on my Buell 1125cr but would never put one on a distance bike. Also, Corbin customer service is notoriously awful.

I have a Corbin seat I got off another FJR rider and very comfortable and planted in the seat. However the seat is to firm over long distance on the highway and becomes uncomfortable over a few hours. The leather material causes you to slide under braking as throttle junkie mentioned. Looking to find someone to fix the issues so I don't have to change seats back to factory on longer rides.

As another vertically challenged rider...!
I'm thinking that is the demographic that the Corbin works for, cuz it doesn't work for me. I'm 6'3" and 190#. Comfortable enough on first saddling up, but on the road it slides me forward into the tank. Not a happy Corbin owner. Look for my seat in the "For Sale" forum soon.

Does the Corbin keep you from sliding forward?
My experience is quite the opposite. :-(

5-9, 180, if I replaced my bike, I'd buy another Corbin. Its hard, but that seems to be a good thing...I rode it 850 miles one-day..which I consider a testament:)

The g/f and I think a seat upgrade is needed for my 2013 and after doing some looking I like the corbin and all of it's options the best but I am vertically challenged so seeing they took the adjustable portion of the seat out of the equation makes me a little reticent to plop down the cash. I am 5ft 8 inches with a 30" inseam, is this seat a good investment or am I going to have to be tweaking it?
Thanks guys, girls
I bought my Corbin when my '06 was brand new and it is still on my bike. Taking the adjustment out is what allows the Corbin to ride a full inch+ lower than the stock seat. It also has extra padding near the tank which keeps you from sliding forward and helps protect those very sensitive areas. The seat is firm, but it will adjust to your butt after a few months. The workmanship is top-notch and they wear like iron. After 7 years mine still looks like new.

Well, I would like to share some experience with the Corbin seat purchase. I started off with the stock 2011 FJR seat which is just plain torturous! So I ordered a new Sargent- they built a really cool looking seat but after sending it back twice, they could not get it to fit tight on the bike. It was very loose and shifted back and forth up by the tank, so they refunded the purchase price which was really great but I was bummed cuz I really liked the seat and the height option. So I took the opportunity to go with a Corbin. I am 6'2 with a 34 inseam and the seat having no height option was very low for me. I purchased peg extensions from Motorcycle Larry and they are absolutely terrific! I would absolutely recommend them. The pegs are great but talking with Corbin tech's, they suggested sending the seat back to have it elevated and fine tuned so as not to cramp the jewels. They said they can raise it up almost 1 3/4" to gain height. I will have it back soon and let ya know how it worked out.

I'm liking the sargent two piece seat I bought used much better than the one piece corbin that came on my bike.

I have a Corbin on my Gen 2 for driver and pillion. I have a 30" inseam and the height is pretty good. A little lower than stock actually. As with all Corbin seats, they are pretty firm. I find that helpful for long rides. Soft seats seem to become less supportive after a few hours.

I have noticed that I have to get the boys situated before it gets comfortable. Once you get them in "proper riding position" all is well down south. As for the pillion seat it kind of slides you forward. For some that is welcomed, for others maybe not. The drivers seat is more dished and the pillion ramps up in the back.

The leather and build quality is very good. Overall, I cam happy with the Corbin and I prefer it over the OEM seat. The cool thing about the Corbin is you can mix and match. My wife likes the OEM on the pillion better and I like the Corbin so we mix it up.

I just put a Corbin on my 2012 (1500 miles on seat 15000 on bike and as the stock seat wasn't working. On my 2005 one went over 100K miles and worked well. When you buy there is a place they ask for weight and inseam. It is hard and breaks in slowly (2000 Miles). My new one is beginning to feel better every day. I have a bad knee and it is helping the longer I ride so far 400+ (Longest in 1 day) miles but will attack the right coast in a couple of weeks for a month and will definitely have some feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the corbin on my 08,as far as ld comfort,got the iron butt,bun burner cert on it.after tons of miles nothing is comfortable as a 200 mile jaunt.fyi