Why not to lend your friend your Katana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
This genius borrowed his friends bike, hit a tree, and then was catapulted into the side of someones house without sustaining serious injury. :eek: According to the owner of the bike his friend "knew how to operate the vehicle"......He did?

Katana Crusher

Ha! I remember a friend that "knew how to ride bikes but hadn't done it in a while" - I let him try my GS1100GL, and he put it up to about 4000 RPM and dropped the clutch. He had the front brake locked and it left a nice 180deg stripe until the rear wheel hit the curb and it stalled.

When he got off the bike I've never ever seen someone shake that much. Turned out the last (and only) bike experience he had was a RM-125 or some such.

For a minute there I thought you had bought yourself a Katana and loaned it to someone. :eek:

Nothing like having a map to your house posted on the neenernet, huh?
Thats hilarious! I didn't even notice that when I was reading the article, I must have just figured it was a banner. I'm sure there will be a parade past there for the next two days..... :lol:

That's just great! Wonder if that's news policy now. I can hear the news anchor now, "And the victim's home is located on 123 Elm St... here it is on the map for those of you who don't know where it is..."

It's a good thing that most people are map challenged.

With the accuracy of the average news story I couldn't think of a safer place to have your address printed. :glare: Back to the topic at hand, Darwin isn't a sure thing, more of a probability. :)

This genius borrowed his friends bike, hit a tree, and then was catapulted into the side of someones house without sustaining serious injury. :eek: According to the owner of the bike his friend "knew how to operate the vehicle"......He did?
Katana Crusher

Oh come on guys! Lighten up....

Ya mean you've never experianced a "jumping tree"? :blink:

This poor soul was, in all probability, cruising down Elm St., minding his own, :rolleyes: when that

bastage tree decided to think it would jump :ph34r: out and...and...Oh Man! Where's my coffee...? :unsure:

Imagine how bad this could have been had the rider NOT know how to operate the vehicle? :eek:

Thankfully he "got skillz"! :dribble:

:rofl:

Anybody want to lend me your FJR for a month or two?

I promise to change the oil and take pix of the adventure...

send me a PM and I'm Gone Johnson! :rolleyes:

"Mr. Scott said that his friend knew how to operate the vehicle."

Uh-huh. That's why he flew off a road, hit a stationary tree...and house. :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: