Wife Still Down but not Out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrboomer

Reaction score
I hope the Admins will forgive me for starting a new topic but I did a search for my old thread on my wife's status but could not find it. I think the caption was much like this one but with 107 hits on what I believe the title was, none of them were the right thread.

I was last on to give a report in September. Since then there has not been much progress in defeating Sharon's cancer. On the positive side we have not lost much ground either. She is on her third chemo regimine and has been under treatment for nine months. The current treatment is oral rather than by IV which is a little easier as she does not have to spend a 1/2 day in the chemo lab getting the chemo. So far the side effects have been minimal on this chemo. Sharon is extemely tired most of the time but that is to be expected with any chemo.

Sharon remains postive on most days which after 9 months of all the pain and treatments is pretty amazing. We still have plenty of support from family and friends. We have appreciated all the good words from members of this forum both in the thread and by PMs. There are so many fine people on this forum. Thanks again to all. I will try to keep you apprised about her status.

Incidently this is my first visit since the format changed and it was interesting navigating the new format but I think it will be user friendly after working with it a little bit.

John

Prayers sent for your wife. She's a real trooper to be doing as well as she is with the chemo knocking her back.

Lets hope that chemo gives the cancer a punch in the gut this time and knocks it out! :clapping:

We're pulling for Sharon here too, John. Lots of good forum folks will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Last year when I was looking for info on dealers in your area (for a trip I never finished), you were one of those who offered help--in the middle of everything you were going through. That meant a lot to me. Give Sharon an extra hug from me, huh?

Add me to the list of those caring, thinking and and keeping you in the front of my mind as I speak to one who who is able.

Please add me to the list of people who are wishing her well too. Cancer is awful stuff, and sometimes it seems the treatments make it that much worse. After 9 months, I would be tired. I'm glad she's sticking with it and keeping a positive attitude.

My prayers are with you too, as I know this has to be very hard on the both of you.

Hurry up and get us better news!

I am fairly new to this forum, but my little sister is battling cancer as well, I cant begin to describe the terror of having to deal with this. I can certainly understand your pain. Please stay strong, My little sister is amazing but has her moments of despair, She seeks us out for strength, humor and understanding. She is in Pennsylvania and we are in Los Angeles so the distance is a pain too. I hope your wife finds strength and Humor from her family. Hopefully she gets a kick out of some of the characters here on the forum. My hope and prayers are with you and her. God Bless. DR

Thanks for checking in, John. More mojo heading to you and Sharon.

And to ramrezzSis as well.

I don't know why I haven't msg'd you before. We tend to think we're alone in all this, even though we're not.

My darling Judy has stage IV breast cancer with mets in her liver, bones and brain. She's in her sixth year of fighting this, and she's still fighting. She's so fatigued she has only four to six hours of good time each day, but she uses all those hours to live life. She and Sharon might profit from comparing notes. PM me if you like.

Meanwhile, we're praying for Sharon -- not only for her recovery but for her shelter from the terror and fear this disease can bring.

hay boomer...

great to hear, at least status quo, and oral meds instead pain in the arm IV !!!

I had a nervous pang when opening this and am quite relieved

I pulled up your old threads so you and we can be reminded of all the prayers and juju being sent to OK

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=&mid=15674&sid=ed27bd21fd586fd25e3f8dfbaf4fcdc5

fyi: just lick on your forum name, click "find my content" on the left, and pick in this case "all threads started by..."

and thar they are

best to ya and thanx for checking in

affectionately

Mike

in Nawlins'

(if Sharon can be up and around a bit with her pink walker...still awaiting a pic !!!

if she's self conscious, definitely understand...a pic of just walker maybe :yahoo: )

ramrezz425 I am sure your sister appreciates whatever support you can give from long distance. flying junior our situations are unfortunately quite similar. Sharon was diagnosed originally in July 05. She was "sucessfully treated" and enjoyed 4 1/2 years of normal life. Then last January she was admitted to the hospital with a broken vertebrae. It was repaired (cemented) and treatments began.

Currently she has extensive cancer of the bones and several spots on the liver. Like your wife flying junior Sharon has good and bad days. Her greatest frustration is not being able to do what she wants because she has no energy. She was always very active and hard worker who did not sit around idlely. Knowing how she used to be and seeing her frustration daily at not being able to complete whatever goal she has set for herself for the day is tough. In spite of this she still remains positive and can find lots to laugh about. I wish ramsezz425, his sister and flying junior and his wife the very best and we will likewise keep all of you in our prayers.

Patriot thank you for your tip on finding my old threads. I will try to get that pic of the pink walker with silver metal flake. Of course that is assuming I can still remember how to post pics on the forum LOL. The days just seem to race by and I forget to do some of things each day. Sharon and I laugh about this a lot. Between the two of us trying to remember we still do not get all the things done we planned.

Thanks again to all for the kind thoughts and prayers.

John

I have FAR TOO MANY loved ones, friends, and aquaintenances who are being touched in one way or another by this insidious disease :(

John ....... our best thoughts are still with Sharon. Give her our "well wishes" please.

Walt ....... best thoughts out to Judy also, and likewise to Ramrezz's Sister.

Let's hope that one day ... soon ... the big "C" will be beaten for good.

Rog n Deb(my survivor)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes for a complete recovery and the strength to keep the hope alive to your wife. Always amazing how strong the affected are.

No one knows how it touches a family and how much strain it puts on your life unless one walks in the same shoes.

I truly hope and wish that it all ends with a positive outcome.

Alfredo

checking in Boomer to remind you I and many others think of you and the sweet wifey often.

it would thrill me to no end if the only gift I received this year was the news that Sharon's health is steadily improving day by day and the stress load on you and your family is lessened

I think of Jer and his family as well.

We care and have lotsa big shoulders to lean on,

Mike

Mike I wish I had only good news to report regarding my wife but it has been a very tough month for her. She started a new chemo about two months ago. It was working very well at fighting the cancer but unfortunately it was also beating her up very badly. In fact the Friday after Thanksgiving she was admitted to the hospital for dehydration and malnutrition. We could not get her to eat or drink enough to sustain her. There are other complications which I will not go into here but were contributing to the problem. She had to quit the chemo in order to recover.

The good news is since her hospitalization she has improved by receiving lots of fluids and she is now eating again. In fact if she has a good night tonight and is feeling good in the morning she will get to come home tomorrow. The Dr told her that the chemo was working very successfully and if she is willing he would like to restart her on the same chemo but at a reduced dosage. Being the fighter that she is she is ready to go again. When she restarts will depend on how long it takes to regain some of her strength. It will likely be with a week to 10 days. If this cancer can be beat, Sharon will beat it. Once she has recovered I know I will not pick a fight with her because she is way too tough for me!

Thanks for continued concern and caring for a lovely lady whom you have never met. We thank all for their support in our fight that now is in its 10th month.

John

Terri and I have Sharon in our thoughts. We are very lucky because Terri has her cancer under control having only to go through chemo every three weeks. There are some new cancer drugs coming out so hang in there Sharon.

Last edited by a moderator: