Will I be laughed at if I trailer to EOM?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As already stated above, we'd rather have you there, even if it involves a trailer. You could bring the trailer and hang a "HRCA Goldwing recovery team" sign on it...

oh, and be careful around those Alabama boys...

-wr

Boy, have I got a t-shirt for you! I'll be sure to wear it all weekend.

Oh, and meester Ashe... he's really not as reckless as he makes himself out to be... :crazy: but I'm sure that he'll break in your tires for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, if you're planning on trailering to EOM, then you will have an over-abundance of rubber on that rear tire. So, as long as we get a few turns doing burn-outs in the parking lot, there will be no humiliation cast your direction.
OOO!!!

OOO!!!

I wanna be the first to knock it over accidentally drop it because it's SOOOO damn top-heavy!

Then Green (or would that be me....) can add one of these to his sig:

dropfinal.gif

That'd be pretty cool...

Seriously, Scab's offer would be very tempting to me.

You should really think about Scab's offer -- that would be the EOM-approved way to get to, well, EOM.

Your tires could be scrubbed in before you hit the GA state line. If not, I'll swap you bikes and scrub your tires in, 5 miles or less or the next tank of gas is on me. :)

All the teasing and generous offers aside, there have been FJRs trailered to EOMs in the past and the people who brought them had a great time, just like everyone else. Do whatever works best for you, just get there.

Anybody taking a poll on how many black FJRs will be there?

All the teasing and generous offers aside, there have been FJRs trailered to EOMs in the past and the people who brought them had a great time, just like everyone else. Do whatever works best for you, just get there.
Anybody taking a poll on how many black FJRs will be there?
Just get there...that's the main thing. :clapping:

You should really think about Scab's offer -- that would be the EOM-approved way to get to, well, EOM.
Your tires could be scrubbed in before you hit the GA state line. If not, I'll swap you bikes and scrub your tires in, 5 miles or less or the next tank of gas is on me. :)
Rated, Best Answer!

Still waiting for ShawnKing to buzz in and ask if/why this is an "FJR only" event........then rant on and on.......

Just stirring the pot a little . . . . . . . . :devil:

Jason, you know that I'm just messin' with you, right?

I'm thinking that at the meet we could take up a collection for you so you could take reading comprehension classes. :p

Thanks for the great ideas and some of the generous offers (Scab's at least). I didn't realize how cheap it can be to fly from Jacksonville to Birmingham so I hadn't looked before. Now I am just waiting on a delivery date to make sure it will be there by EOM. Does a Givi V46 trunk fit in carry-on luggage? Looks like I am cured of the trailering blues.

Thanks for the great ideas and some of the generous offers (Scab's at least). I didn't realize how cheap it can be to fly from Jacksonville to Birmingham so I hadn't looked before. Now I am just waiting on a delivery date to make sure it will be there by EOM. Does a Givi V46 trunk fit in carry-on luggage? Looks like I am cured of the trailering blues.
Do yourself a favor and ship whatever you want to add (Windshield, Sliders, Throttle Lock, Trunk) to D&H. Gerald & Renaa will either hold them until you arrive, or have them installed before you arrive.

True, so true. I think many forum members have done just that before.

Great folks at D & H.