Wind Screen Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneWound

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm back into the world of trying to find a better windscreen.... I'm currently rocking the Yamaha Touring windscreen.  

Here's what I'd like:

• I'd like the airflow to be 2"-4" (ideally 4") above the current touring windscreen
  • The Touring windscreen is wider by 1/2" or something.  I'd like to keep the stock width, otherwise they collide with my handguards.
So what am I looking for?

Lots of opinions. My go to has been the touring screen with a Laminar Lip.

Rifle works for me. Taller and wider than stock. I originally thought I would need to switch in summer but I found it has plenty of ventilation due to the angle. YMMV. 🙂

Too bad Cee Baileys is out of the motorcycle windshield business...

FWIW I tried and hated an OE Touring screen on my GEN II. No sweet spot to be found, had to run it all the way down or all up, the curve on it sucked for me. If I were in that market again, I’d look seriously at a Rifle or VStream.

~G

I have two different Cee Bailey reverse flip screens and I find they are only so-so.  Didn't buy them,  they came on used bikes.  I also have a Vstream which is pretty big.  I bought a knock-off MRA screen add on to try but haven't gotten around to to experimenting with it. 

Here's a hint: I have 5 windscreens. I occasionally switch back to one I had earlier and it seems better. Then another one - that's neat... rinse, repeat. Currently using a Puig, which actually seems to have produced an objective difference - a mild increase in fuel mileage. Two of the 5, BTW, are no longer available.

Time to try the MRA first, I'spose.  There's no real logic behind it, other than it "should" be taller than the rest.  Trying to avoid trying three different wind screens and going thru the motions of returning and buying new ones, etc.

There are some decent knockoffs available.  Good enough to try.  I got one on Aliexpress for a fraction of the cost although I am sure that quality is not the same.