windshield and top box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal1

Reaction score
I've been looking at various windshields and top boxes. Anybody have the Yamaha Touring shield? I want one a little taller than the stock one and this one seems to fill the bill.

I noticed that Yamaha says not to use their top box in conjunction with the side bags as it will overload the bike. Are they serious? :eh-smiley:

I've been looking at various windshields and top boxes. Anybody have the Yamaha Touring shield? I want one a little taller than the stock one and this one seems to fill the bill.I noticed that Yamaha says not to use their top box in conjunction with the side bags as it will overload the bike. Are they serious? :eh-smiley:
Legalize from Momma Yamma to cover their keister. Many on this board regularly see triple digits with bags, top case, windscreen, kitchen sink, etc... with no adverse effects.

I've been looking at various windshields and top boxes. Anybody have the Yamaha Touring shield? I want one a little taller than the stock one and this one seems to fill the bill.

I noticed that Yamaha says not to use their top box in conjunction with the side bags as it will overload the bike. Are they serious? :eh-smiley:

I have the touring shield, I had to drill some holes in the bottom of it (very similar to a cal sci shield) to stop a vacuum it had, other than that, it has been great....yes, I run with bags, 52L top box and a huge Calsci windscreen sometimes....oh yea...and a pillion!

The Yamaha Touring Windshield is a pretty nice improvement over the stock, but you'll likely still get a bunch of wind and noise. I recently replaced mine with a Rifle and now really enjoy peace and quiet and zero buffeting (for my passenger, as well).