Windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal1

Reaction score
Okay folks. I know there must be a butt load of threads about aftermarket windshields for our beloved FJR's but I'll be damned if I can find any.

I'm looking for a little more wind protection. Maybe a little taller shield. Suggestions?

Okay folks. I know there must be a butt load of threads about aftermarket windshields for our beloved FJR's but I'll be damned if I can find any.I'm looking for a little more wind protection. Maybe a little taller shield. Suggestions?
Yes, there's a butt load of threads on aftermarket shields! I just got a "Rifle", and love it.

You can also browse through the ride reports, and see examples of all the variations mounted on the bikes!

Cee Baily's are nice. The reverse flip makes all the difference. Right now I am using the stock screen for the summer. As for the Cee Bailey its a long story.

CalSci xtra tall here for long trips ad cold weather . . . a cut down stock shield for summer & around town . . . shield preference is highly personalized and depends on a lot of factors including your seated height, helmet, how much air you want to feel, etc . . . I went through a CeeBaily, V-Stream, Yamaha Tall shield, before I landed on the CalSci . .

I've had the stock (duh), Cee-Bailey's, and V-Stream. For large windscreens I like the V-Stream best, keeps me warm in the winter and buffeting is reduced. The stocker is fine for me though from Spring thru Fall. I also just recently cut down one of my stockers 4 inches to get more air in the summer.

BTW - I also have the tuning spacers to help alleviate the buffeting.

Good luck in your quest for windshield nirvana.

the V stream works great for us... i was good with the stock screen but the wife wanted more wind protection... she loves it..

I have 2 like new Cee Baileys that are for sale, one is plus 4 wide (dark tint) and the other is plus 2 wide (light tint) both are plus 2 tall.

$120 each plus shipping.

R

I liked my CalSci very much. It went down with the last bike tho :(

A good thing about them for YOU is they're over in West Sacramento, near you, depending on where in "Norcal" you are. Mark, the owner, is a good guy and a real motorcyclist. He will recommend the right size for you and let you mount it on your bike for a test run up and down the freeway. That's a real benefit, even if it's only to eliminate one of the options. I'm thinking you won't eliminate it, tho.

Thanks to all. And I'll be checking out that place over in West Sacramento soon! :yahoo:
Mark's a great guy. Be sure to call him first...he isn't always in the shop.

I had one of his X-large windshields and it was the quietest I've ever had but, for me, it worked too well for the Central Valley heat. YMMV.

For more research you can check out the FAQ section and look at this thread. Scroll down to WINDSHIELDS and look at the manufacturers sites the plug the different brands into the Google search method ("subject" space "site:fjrforum.com").

Example: cee bailey site:fjrforum.com

Last edited by a moderator: