Windsong of the West

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things FJRfarrier:

I'll buy you an American Motorcyclist Association membership if you'll submit this rr to them for consideration of putting it in their monthly magazine.

The next time Mrs1911's big nonedible livestockish pets need their pedicures done you can come down, color in that SC thingy, and call it a business trip.

smile.png

Two things FJRfarrier:
I'll buy you an American Motorcyclist Association membership if you'll submit this rr to them for consideration of putting it in their monthly magazine.

The next time Mrs1911's big nonedible livestockish pets need their pedicures done you can come down, color in that SC thingy, and call it a business trip.

smile.png
I will see what I can do. I can ride and write... but putting those blurbs, captions, and pictures into an article for a magazine? That's crossing the line!!!

And I've already got a subscription to (or access to) many of the great motorcycle magazines- AMA, RoadRunner, Rider, (I forget the others, lol).

Anybody out there want to edit it and make it all magazine worthy? Have at it...

And in regards to the large hooved creatures- that sounds like a great business opportunity... I might not even charge you a normal trip fee!! haha!

.....See you at EOM?
Yup!

EOM in Virginia in September, Ohio tech day some weekend, AIM Show in Florida in October, and now adding SFO in Alabama in October! It looks like the rest of my riding season is planned!

Work smork. I'm deciding to LIVE this summer!! I can work all winter when the riding is limited to a few hours a day.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Outta likes ^^^^^^^^

"Anybody out there want to edit it...."

Wishing Bigsky was with us......
sad.png

Here's a video that was recorded from behind me while traveling south on Rt 89 from Graeagle area down to Truckee area, in California. This is also where I learned about lane splitting/line cutting for construction stops....

https://vimeo.com/176870389

Thanks to Randy for taking some time out of his day to meet me, ride with me, and also for the opportunity to borrow his cooling vest!

.....See you at EOM?
Yup! EOM in Virginia in September, Ohio tech day some weekend, AIM Show in Florida in October, and now adding SFO in Alabama in October! It looks like the rest of my riding season is planned!

Work smork. I'm deciding to LIVE this summer!! I can work all winter when the riding is limited to a few hours a day. :)
Julie, make sure to locate the Fl. contingent while at AIMExpo, as there will be a few of us there...as always. :scare:

.....See you at EOM?
Yup! EOM in Virginia in September, Ohio tech day some weekend, AIM Show in Florida in October, and now adding SFO in Alabama in October! It looks like the rest of my riding season is planned!Work smork. I'm deciding to LIVE this summer!! I can work all winter when the riding is limited to a few hours a day. :)
Julie, make sure to locate the Fl. contingent while at AIMExpo, as there will be a few of us there...as always. :scare:
Yep, I'll bring her a bag of beef jerky just in case she's running low. :yes:

Absolutely! Does it really matter car or bike? Once a forum member, it's like family!

..... <jealous> ..... You're getting in a lot of miles this summer.

Another video edited and uploaded...

This was on Tuesday morning headed home. Early morning departure from the hotel in a thunderstorm.

Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone makes for an interesting adventure. It was a learning and growing experience for me- that's for sure!!

Another thumbs up for the Metzeler tires!

It really worried me when I saw a car in the ditch on a transition ramp between the highway and the bypass. It takes just a bit of depth of water to getchya slidin'....

Whaou, I just find this crazy Ride Report! I'm so jealous!
Thanks for this sharing, since more than 1 hour ( Yes I'm not fast to read in English ), I travel!
Very nice reading

Looks great. I just got back from a 3 week trip out west myself, well about a week ago. I did 8260 miles and was in a lot of the places you were. I havent devoted the time to a ride report yet. Its amazing scenery out west. I mainly did parks and forest. I rode from ga and focused my time in montana, colorado, idaho, wyoming and utah.I would love to be able to do that every year and My only regret was waiting till Im 41 to take such a trip.

Since this thread got resuscitated..... and I got a little farther along on the pics and vids.... here is some video footage from Glacier NP.

We had already crested the summit, and we were coasting down the west side of the mountain. The helmet cam just doesn't capture the whole view.... and it surely doesn't do the ride justice. But it gives a sliver of a preview into what the small town farm girl was seeing on this wonderful trip.