Woohoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdude

Reaction score
I will be picking up my new 2014 FJR1300ES on Saturday, then riding it 132 miles home ... (Atl -> Aug).

Congrats! Time to update your profile.
punk.gif

Nice! Good luck getting any sleep before Saturday.
Ha, funny you say that. I just found out today that I have torn tendons and ligaments in my left shoulder as a result of the woman hitting me on my Harley. Attempting to keep the bike up, and the car forcing the front wheel all the way to the lock to the right. I haven't slept well since then .... but now I REALLY won't for the anticipation as well!

Congrats on the new ride. I have 14,000 miles on mine and I can't find anything wrong with it. You'll have a blast.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rockdude" data-cid="1170915" data-time="1408559627"><p>

I will be picking up my new 2014 FJR1300ES on Saturday, then riding it 132 miles home ... (Atl -> Aug).</p></blockquote>

I think you're going to love it. Got mine last week as well and have thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

Madmatt

Ok, here's my first 148 mile impressions of the new bike. First off, WOW! The bike fits and is a wonder to ride. Clutch, for new is right on and easy to hit the friction zone right off. Throttle, touring mode, was right on, and when you hit the spot where the endings really kicks in, hang on! Stock seat works for me, not to hard or too soft, hey, I'm used to the Corbin on my Harley. I did notice my lower back would start to hurt a little, until I would rotate my hips forward ever so slightly, which is where I need to set the seat to the high position. In the lower position, the seat has a slight downward slope to it which is why rotating my hips would align things again. Handle bar position as comes from factory was a perfect fit for me. The grip angle is slightly less than perpendicular to the seat so no wrist fatigue from an unnatural wrist angle. I played with the stock windshield position to keep my helmet is clean air which was about half to below 3/4 all the way up. At full up at 60-70 mph, it felt like there was a large low pressure pocket right in front of me which felt like there as something trying to push my head forward. For now, the stock shield works for me when adjusted for me; in town speeds I put it all the way down. (It was 107 with 100% humidity yesterday)

Anyway, she's definitely a keeper, an I'm looking for many miles together.

Last edited by a moderator: