• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB 1 lock assembly for side bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cterry66

Reaction score
I need 1 lock assembly for a side bag for my 05. I guess I can get it keyed to match my existing locks

Last edited by a moderator:
Doooood, I still happen to have the extra cylinder that came with my ole '05. They put it in there in case you acquired the accessory trunk, but I guess it'll work for the sidebag also. I dunno. All I know is that I have a cylinder. Oh, I have a key for it too.

If you want it, it's yours.

Not to hijack but since it looks like cterry66 has his problem solved, I need one for my '06. My bike came with the trunk bag, but the extra lock cylinder was missing. Probably the same as gen I's, but not really sure. My stealership will only sell them as a set of 3 and they want something like $130 !

Doooood, I still happen to have the extra cylinder that came with my ole '05. They put it in there in case you acquired the accessory trunk, but I guess it'll work for the sidebag also. I dunno. All I know is that I have a cylinder. Oh, I have a key for it too.
If you want it, it's yours.

Thanks how much do you want for it with shipping?

Nothing. Just send me your shipping info and I'll drop it in the mail.

edit:

Oh, I had forgotten till I went and got the cylinder: Back in the day...before I found out better here...I lost one of the two security screws that secures the locking blade to the cylinder unit on one of my saddle bags. As a result, I stole one of the screws from the spare cylinder assembly. It's no big deal, but you will want to replace that one before putting this thing into use. I think I have read here that some have gone to the local hardware for replacement screws. They were some standard drive configuration instead of the security torx that comes with the cylinder, but that's probably a good thing. These little security torx screw that come with this thing are just agravating little bastages anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: