• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha Comfort Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaismo

Reaction score
I have any almost new (less than 1,000miles) Yamaha comfort seat available for sale. I bought this shortly after I picked up my new bike and really like it; however I just purchased a Lamm seat that was a bit lower than the comfort seat. I need to sell this off and retail was $299 and I willing to part with this for $220 and includes shipping in the CONUS. The seat fits the following models. If interested and have questions, let me know and I will follow up.

1MC-F47E0-V0-00

FJR1300A 2009-2016

FJR1300AE 2009

FJR1300ES 2014-2017

How would you rate the Laam seat height wise to the stock seat in the lower position? I am researching options for a vertically challenged rider (me). Thx.

The Laam seat for me was the same as stock in the lower position. He can make a seat that lowers you some but if you ride long distances he will try to talk you out of it. You can't have comfort and a thinner seat both is his premise.

Having said that, I first called Russell Day Long and as soon as I told him I had a 29" inseam he told me that I don't want his seat because it would raise me up about ¾ of an inch. The Laam seat is the same hight as stock but a world of difference in comfort. It makes the FJR a different bike.

Thanks Hammer. We share a common problem/inseam!!!! Sounds like you really like the Laam so good to know!!!!

The Laam seat for me was the same as stock in the lower position. He can make a seat that lowers you some but if you ride long distances he will try to talk you out of it. You can't have comfort and a thinner seat both is his premise.

Having said that, I first called Russell Day Long and as soon as I told him I had a 29" inseam he told me that I don't want his seat because it would raise me up about ¾ of an inch. The Laam seat is the same hight as stock but a world of difference in comfort. It makes the FJR a different bike.
Good point about how the Russell Day Long is taller, as you say 3/4" over stock. I switched to RDL and REALLY like the comfort and I've rode on Corbin a lot and was not happy as their padding is thin and inadequate for my comfort. But riding higher up with RDL also meant a taller touring windscreen. With my 34" inseam, increased seat height isn't an issue, just the need for a taller windscreen in my case. My brother, who has my same build, went with Laam and so I borrowed his seats to test them for a couple hundred miles. They were new at the time and not broken in, but seemed comfortable enough. More sporty than RDL, but not as comfy. BTW, I also enjoy the backrest that was built into my RDL, especially nice when using highway pegs.