Yamaha high windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
I see yamaha offers another windshieid that is 4 inches taller, wondering if anyone has this on there bike and how they like it? Stock windshield is ok but get a lot of wind noise. Wondering if four inches is enough to put the air up over your head

I have one and like it. Keep it on all the time. Don't know about noise because I always wear earplugs.

I see yamaha offers another windshieid that is 4 inches taller, wondering if anyone has this on there bike and how they like it? Stock windshield is ok but get a lot of wind noise. Wondering if four inches is enough to put the air up over your head

I like mine a lot. To me it is a very good compromise between aesthetics and function. I tried the V-Stream and found it marginally quieter but not enough to justify the appearance. 'Not saying it was ugly, but prefer the appearance of the Yamaha touring. Aesthetics are highly individual. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. Heck, I have the complete set of Racing 905 bars and talk about ugly in the back...but it's worth the security to me.

I would like to try a Cee Bailey with flip, but missed the group buy and it's more than I want to spend right now just for an experiment.

I'm 6 feet even with the seat on high position and the Yamaha Touring cuts a great deal of noise and buffeting over stock. It's still there but much more tolerable.

I bought a California Science windshield, the tallest they make... 6" taller than stock? luv it. Quite, no buffing issues unless your around heavy traffic. I am 5'10"

But hey to each their own, some like the CEE Baileys too.

Buck 05 FJR

DLS TX

Just bought a 2004 a couple weeks ago and the stock one was cracked up pretty good, so i had a line on a stock 2003 windshield that was "way shorter" and would have just assumed had nothing on it..haha (at least it looked prettier than the cracked one) Got the Yamaha tall and like it a lot... Still some noise and wind hits the top of my helmet in the "high" setting (I'm 5'7"), but it definately keeps the wind off my torso and arms but is a comfortable ride.....Kevin

The tall is good I'm 6' and still had a little wind noise. I just got a 6x6 standard no flip cee bailey on the group buy and would not go back to anything else smaller.

I had one and returned it with less than 50 miles on it. I'm 5'9" and the top edge was RIGHT in my line of sight in full up position. In full down the shield was about as good than the stock.

Look into a CB screen with flip, I have heard good things about them.

I've used the taller, Yamaha Touring windshield for the past 20,000 miles or so and am very happy with the airflow, protection, and appearance. In the colder months, I use a second Yamaha Touring windshield that has a Laminar Lip attached to it. I'm 5'9

I'm 6'2" and would like a higher/wider screen. Have any of you had any comments from a pillion about higher screens being better or worse than standard for turbulance? On my other bike I had to remove a small fairing it came with. It made little difference to me, but pushed the air over my shoulders and buffeted the helmet of my other half.

I'm 6'2" 34" inseam and the Yami Tall works well for me. All down is great for cruising in the summer and the up is good for cooler times. The pillion tells me no buffeting for her whether up or down. I haven't tried any other shields.