Yamaha will change the world, well, the sport motorcycle world that is.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna wait to see if it comes here before I get my face tattooed.
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Thanks for that -- I did a screen grab and was already searching for a tattoo parlor who would do that. Good to have voices of restraint here on the forum after I watch so moving a piece of life style marketing.

Yep, Yamaha Street Triple.

On the plus side, it'll probably be less expensive than the Street Triple.

Maybe not...

I think I like the bike. The video is pure crap and turns me off rather than getting my attention. What happened to advertising that actually provided some useful information about the product?

I think I like the bike. The video is pure crap and turns me off rather than getting my attention. What happened to advertising that actually provided some useful information about the product?
Say, did you know that you sound like you're old? It's about entertainment, please don't make me think or burden me with useful information. As some of the Japanese car commercials are pointing out, it's about style, not content or functionality.

Say, did you know that you sound like you're old? It's about entertainment, please don't make me think or burden me with useful information. As some of the Japanese car commercials are pointing out, it's about style, not content or functionality.
.....it's about style, not content or functionality.

The guys in the Yamaha Marketing Department secretly ride Harley's!
rolleyes.gif

Hmm I wonder if it's even available to the US market. The video is probably geared towards the Japanese? As far as the bike goes it's pretty cool I guess. I see they are making impossible to get rid of that huge rear mud flap thinga ma jig as it appears the blinkers are part of the assembly.

I'll get way "excited" when I see one here on the street! NOT!

This changed the M/C World just like Saturn change Automobiles back in the 80's. NOT IN THE LEAST!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I like it! Screw all of ya.
bleh.gif
I also like the Purple color. This thing looks like a hoot to run. Can't wait to try one out when they come to the states.

Edit: The video does nothing for me either.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd ride one....in addition to the FJR!

If the engine is as sweet as the 1000CC 3 cylinder in my Yamaha Vector LTX GT snowmobile, Yamaha will have a winner!!

And thanks for the "foot" Dave! Awesome product!!
rolleyes.gif

Looks pretty cool to me. If it doesn't end up requiring a suspension replacement to actually work in the twisties it's designed for I'd be interested.

But I want a purple one!!!! Dam it, Bastages.
not_i.gif

I am so sick of the same old color sceems here in the US.

Dave

3.7 Gallon tank?
Definitely a street fighter...not a sport-touring machine.

Are HP and Torque numbers out there?
65 ft./lbs of torque, which Yamaha claims is more than many of its primary competitive models.

A modest 11.5:1 compression ratio suggests “tuning for torque,” as does the omission of a horsepower spec for the U.S. models but the European bikes have been rated at 113 HP

I'm happy with what I got.

Otherwise I might be robbing a bank, it does look like a fun bike.
vinsent.gif

3.7 Gallon tank?
Definitely a street fighter...not a sport-touring machine.

Are HP and Torque numbers out there?
65 ft./lbs of torque, which Yamaha claims is more than many of its primary competitive models.

A modest 11.5:1 compression ratio suggests “tuning for torque,” as does the omission of a horsepower spec for the U.S. models but the European bikes have been rated at 113 HP
Thise numbers are about what my XS 11 did...with 200 less CCs.